Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Harriett's little princess finally makes an appearance!

(22 Posts)
Harriett Sun 31-Jul-05 16:37:23

My gorgeous girl Dulcie Grace was finally born on 26th July at 5pm weighing in at a lovely 8 piunds 11 and a half ounces, by emergency c-section following 33 gruesome hours of induction after going 12 days overdue.
I'm still not ready to share all the gory details after all but just wanted to thank all my fellow July-ers for their support and all the good advice I have been demanding from everyone else over the last few months!
Now I am going to go back to staring at her again and trying to come to terms with the fact that I actually have a baby!!

fairydust Sun 31-Jul-05 16:38:30

congratulations and what a lovely name

kalex Sun 31-Jul-05 16:38:30

Dulcie is a truly lovely name, well done you and many congrats

Miaou Sun 31-Jul-05 16:52:32

Congratulations Harriet, love the name Dulcie too! Enjoy her.

Gem13 Sun 31-Jul-05 16:59:06

Congratulations and welcome to Dulcie Grace Lovely name.

emmatmg Sun 31-Jul-05 17:02:14

Awww, what a lovely name.

congratulations

dramaqueen72 Sun 31-Jul-05 17:39:27

congratulations,
Dulcie is a fabulous name.

HappyMumof2 Sun 31-Jul-05 19:53:36

Message withdrawn

PeachyClair Sun 31-Jul-05 20:36:05

Fantastic name! Sorry it wasn't eay, but best wishes to you and your precious bundle.

hub2dee Sun 31-Jul-05 20:37:52

Well done Harriett !!!!!!!

Sweet, sweet name, Dulcie !!!!!!!!!!!

See you in the postnatal thread.

hoxtonchick Sun 31-Jul-05 22:10:43

congratulations harriett. i'll look out for you in m&s!

motherinferior Mon 01-Aug-05 08:55:07

Harriett, I'm so pleased for you. Gore is over, lovely baby is here! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Pamina3 Mon 01-Aug-05 10:16:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

webwoman05 Mon 01-Aug-05 11:53:32

Well done Harriet and welcome to little Dulcie!

pinkmama Mon 01-Aug-05 11:55:56

Hello Harriet and big congratulations. Sorry it wasnt a good experience. See you on the post natal threadx

p.s. My first was very traumatic and I found it difficult to deal with, felt guilty for moaning about it because I had such a beautiful baby and people kept saying that was all that mattered. I know it is, but it didnt help me deal with all my feelings, so if you want to talk about it then just cat meX

biglips Mon 01-Aug-05 11:56:51

wwaahhheeeyyyyyy !! CONGRATS and lovely name too

Lizzylou Mon 01-Aug-05 12:05:44

Well done and congratulations, Dulcie Grace is a beautiful name.....

gingerbear Mon 01-Aug-05 15:44:35

congratulations.

Eulalia Tue 02-Aug-05 18:43:32

Congrats Harriet - sorry to hear of your experience but I am sure she was worth it (lovely name BTW). Just had my baby on Friday by CS which was a shock as the first two births were easy. will chat on the post-natal thread in due course.

Yorkiegirl Tue 02-Aug-05 18:44:33

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Tue 02-Aug-05 20:18:45

Congratulations and welcome to Dulcie

Sounds like you had a similar experience of induction as I did with DD. 12 days overdue, failed induction, 2 and a bit days later had emergency c secion.

mirashark Fri 05-Aug-05 11:33:36

Well done Harriet, I know how you feel, I started labour on Sunday night and gave birth (by emerg CS) on Tuesday evening, and yes it was one big ordeal, apart from when the spinal took effect just before she was born, when I could finally emerge from the sea of pain to appreciate what was happening - awful business. I am gettin over that now, mainly because it's such a blur to me now. My poor mother and DP were there, DP was over it as soon as baby came along but my mum is none the better for it all and was quite shocked by the whole experience as she had 4 normal pain-relief free labours with us. Still, if you wanna share any of the headwreck I'm in the same club as you, I hope you're physically on the mend at least, that really helps. Glad you now haveyour lovely baby Dulcie to kiss and rest assured having had a labour like that, they will never let you go through anything like that again on any further delivries XXX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now