Talk

Advanced search

Cooperoo's new baby has arrived.

(40 Posts)
Cooperoo Thu 23-Jun-05 14:55:31

I am delighted to announce that Harriet Rose was born yesterday 22nd June at 1633 Cyprus time weighing 8lb 6.
I was induced on Wed for a number of reasons following a sweep on the Tues. On arrival at the hospital I was assessed and the decision was made to bypass the pessaries and break my waters right away. Unfortunately despite my best efforts walking up and down stairs and stomping round the block I was not able to start any significant contractions. My midwives were fantastic and gave me every opportunity leaving me for as long as possible before we finally resorted to the drip at 2.30pm (I was 4 cm by then and having some irregular contractions but nothing significant). The drip was started nice and slow but soon began to take effect and dd2 was born two hours later much to my relief.
I am totally gobsmacked that she is a girl as I was convinced I was having a boy . I feel like the luckiest person alive now though.
For those of you who followed my stresses regarding delivering at Limassol General without pain relief thank you for all your support. I feel so grateful that Harriet was overdue and decided to hang on until our UK midwives were authorised to practice in Cyprus as my care was amazing and the Medical Centre where I delivered was just like a private hospital with a single room with ensuite shower and toilet, TV, fridge etc (yes I stayed in a night ). I was also totally spoilt as the only patient with midwives who have not been able to get their hands on babies or birthing mothers for a very long time. I can't tell you how lucky I feel. A very different story to dd1's waterbirth in York but equally wonderful for different reasons.
And for all my fuss about pain relief DH has advised me I used the gas and air three times lol.

jessicasmummy Thu 23-Jun-05 14:57:04

Excellent news mate - well done!!!! Welcome to little Harriet too.

QueenFlounce Thu 23-Jun-05 14:57:30

Wahey!!!

Congratulations.

And welcome baby Harriet.

mrsflowerpot Thu 23-Jun-05 14:58:08

Congratulations to you and dh! So pleased that you had such a good experience after all the stress of wondering whether the clinic would be open in time. See you on the June babies thread v soon.

Lua Thu 23-Jun-05 15:00:14

Congratulations!!!!!!
So glad it all went well! and that the Junies F.C. will have an unexpected addtion to the girl cheerleader club!

motherinferior Thu 23-Jun-05 15:08:56

Oh I'm SO glad it went well. Told you second births usually do!xxxxxxxxxxxx

franke Thu 23-Jun-05 15:54:19

Cooperoo - that's brilliant news. Sounds like a very positive experience - I remember how worried you were.

Congratulations and welcome little Harriet Rose

coppertop Thu 23-Jun-05 16:05:27

Congratulations! Welcome to little Harriet.

dinosaur Thu 23-Jun-05 16:06:53

Very well done Cooperoo and congratulations !

WideWebWitch Thu 23-Jun-05 16:09:24

Cooperoo, I didn't post on your other thread as I didn't have any advice but I read it all the way through and just wished I had some wise words - I really felt for you. I'm so glad this had a very happy ending, congratulations!

nellie245 Thu 23-Jun-05 16:13:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubbaloo Thu 23-Jun-05 16:56:43

congratulations coop.

i am so pleased it turned out great for you in the end-sounds more like a luxury hotel.

welcome to baby harriet-beautiful name.xx

MarsLady Thu 23-Jun-05 17:27:21

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lynny70 Thu 23-Jun-05 17:45:50

Message deleted

pupuce Thu 23-Jun-05 18:22:06

That's brilliant, I am so glad it worked out well

PinkArjuna Thu 23-Jun-05 18:27:17

MrsGordonRamsay Thu 23-Jun-05 18:49:50

LGJ

mears Thu 23-Jun-05 19:12:10

Well done cooperoo - so glad that you got an experience you are happy with. Brilliant news, congratulayions

RoseBerry Thu 23-Jun-05 19:21:10

Congrats to you and yours!

Mum2Ela Thu 23-Jun-05 19:23:07

Thats fantastic! I remember reading your thread about the lack of pain relief in Cyprus and was quite gobsmacked and Really felt for you. My mum and dad have a house in Cyprus and we regularly stay there and I have noted that if I ever go there pregnant, I will remember to take my own gas and air with me ;)

Glad you had such a lovely birth, and the roomm sounds fantastic!

Franniban Thu 23-Jun-05 20:02:50

Coop,
Congratulations to you and your family. Harriet Rose is lovely name too. I'm deleighted that things went well.

Harriett Thu 23-Jun-05 20:19:21

Congratulations! IMO Harriet is the nicest name of all!!!

luckylady Thu 23-Jun-05 21:57:47

congratulations cooperoo. welcome baby Harriet.
Hope to see you all soon.

MrsWednesday Thu 23-Jun-05 23:29:46

Brilliant news Coop. So pleased that everything worked out well in the end. Welcome to the world Harriet Rose (lovely name).

Cooperoo Fri 24-Jun-05 07:24:16

Thanks everyone. We are so happy with everything and still feeling hugely blessed with how everything worked out. It is odd as I considered being induced the worst possible scenario for birth going against all my ideas of how I wanted my births to be. I can already look back though and enjoy the experience. I feel the last couple of months have been a real rollercoaster ride for me emotionally concerning my birth options and feel so fortunate with the experience I had. . I think the hormones are kicking in .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now