Talk

Advanced search

The arrival of JonahB's Chimp

(22 Posts)
JonahB Sun 19-Jun-05 11:32:51

Isaac Powis Bolter was born at 1:45am on June 16th, weighing in at 8lbs 8ozs.

As I know you all like gory details, here goes...

I was induced at 8:30am on the 15th, checked 6 hours later, by which time I'd dilated to 3cm and the cervix and softened to where it needed to be. They moved me over to the delivery suite where I just used gas and air until 8-9cm. Luckily, they didn't need to break my waters (common with induction apparently) as they decided to flow all on their own. Rather umpleasantly, I also decided to throw up at exactly same time, while still trying to desparately suck on the tube (its a good job I have an understanding DH, it wasn't my most glam moment).
Up to this point, everything was fine and I was okay with the pain. It got to evening time and they wanted me to start pushing, unfortunately, this is where it got a little more problematic, as I wasn't getting anywhere at all. After about 2 hours, I was given a drip to increase the contractions, as I was getting no "pushing down" urges at all. Eventually, as I was getting tired and fairly despondent, I was given a final dose of meptid (I'd already had a shot of pethadine and meptid), and with the help of an episiotomy and a ventuse, my lovely little boy decided it was time to arrive.

They told me afterwards that due to him having a short cord, me not having long enough contractions, plus him being a healthy size and me being fairly small, all led to these problems with getting him out. But as soon as he was born, it all ceased to matter.

My little boy is totally perfect, we are all doing fine. I just cant stop staring at him in awe and amazement .

Hulababy Sun 19-Jun-05 11:33:45

Congratulations and welcome to Isaac

Yorkiegirl Sun 19-Jun-05 11:49:45

Message withdrawn

Slave2Babe Sun 19-Jun-05 11:51:46

congratulations!!

Cooperoo Sun 19-Jun-05 12:13:05

Yay Jonah. Congratulations. Glad you are all well and wishing you a speedy recovery. I was sick in my gas and air pipe too . DH had to run and wash it out quickly before my next contraction. Luckily it was just bile by then as I had been properly sick earlier on. Sorry to taint your lovely birth announcement thread . Take care.

Holly290505 Sun 19-Jun-05 13:07:16

Congratulations...nice to know my ventouse/episiotomy delivery wasn't in any way unique! Welcome baby Isaac

mrsflowerpot Sun 19-Jun-05 13:17:14

Congratulations Jonah! and welcome to Isaac.

18mumtobe Sun 19-Jun-05 14:26:46

congratulations

Franniban Sun 19-Jun-05 21:25:22

Congratulations Jonah, so pleased that you are besotted with your new arrival, just shows that no matter how unpleasant it is, it's all worth it in the end. XX

MrsWednesday Sun 19-Jun-05 21:30:16

Well done JonahB, congratulations to you and your DH. Welcome to the world Isaac (lovely name).

So pleased he's finally here! Although probably not as pleased as you are...

coppertop Sun 19-Jun-05 21:40:56

Congratulations!

Lua Sun 19-Jun-05 21:59:05

YEY! Well done you!!! Now let's start planning mom and babies coffees!

tribpot Sun 19-Jun-05 22:21:25

Congratulations Jonah, Mr Jonah and the little chimp No hobbit baby for you I see!

teabelly Mon 20-Jun-05 22:40:47

Jonah - fantastic - well done you! and such a great day to have a little boy too...although I am somewhat biased!

welshmum Tue 21-Jun-05 14:56:39

Tip top news JonahB - looking forward to more chats on the pn thread.
Welcome to the world baby Issac x

biglips Tue 21-Jun-05 15:04:23

congrats

KVG Wed 22-Jun-05 16:30:02

Message withdrawn

bubbaloo Wed 22-Jun-05 18:12:04

CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of isaac.
what a beautiful biblical name and a lovely weight too.xx

mears Thu 23-Jun-05 19:15:43

Congratulations and welcome to Isaac

Mum2Ela Thu 23-Jun-05 19:18:36

Many congratulations!

Lol at you being sick into your gas and air pipe!

MarsLady Thu 23-Jun-05 19:19:10

Congratulations!!

roosmum Sun 26-Jun-05 22:43:05

big congrats

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now