Talk

Advanced search

Mummy2t has baby on kitchen floor!!!!!!!!!!!

(27 Posts)
mummy2t Tue 27-Oct-09 21:04:30

Bit late posting birth story but here goes.

Isabelle May arrived on the 29/9/09 at 1.24am weighing 7lb 15oz.

At just before midnight i was experiencing Bh's, thought nothing of it as i have been having these sice 27ish weeks. Couldnt get comfy in bed so decided to have a bath. Bath didnt make Bh' go away so i woke DH and said something might be happening but as i wasnt having contractions and my waters hadnt gone there was no panic. We went downstairs and at 1am my waters went. phoned my SIL as she was coming over to stay and look after the 2 boys. still no pains so i went to sort out the blow up bed for SIL. She arrived at about 1.20am and we decided to make our way to hospital as other dc's were quite quick. i thought they would just check me and send me home. Went for a quick pee before setting off and had the sensation that baby was coming, i managed to get off the loo just before her head was born. i called my DH to ring for an amblulance and made my way out to the kitchen where luckily my SIL had dumped all her bedding. i got on it and delivered my beautiful daughter myself. Paramedics arrived 15mins later where i had to transfer to hospital to deliver the placenta as no midwifes were available to come out. was only gone 1 1/2 hours and i was home again, just in time for the boys waking up!
Definately the most amazing thing i have ever experieinced!!

SpookyMadMummy Tue 27-Oct-09 21:45:44

Amazing! Congratulations smile

Heated Tue 27-Oct-09 21:47:24

Wow. Many congratulations.

Overtiredmum Tue 27-Oct-09 21:49:13

Many congratulations and welcome Isabelle May.

PacificWerewolfwoohood Tue 27-Oct-09 21:49:32

Wow! I am blown away, what an amazing story!!

Congratulations and welcome to Isabelle May smile

murderonthemidnightexpress Tue 27-Oct-09 21:51:04

Wow's the word. That sounds brilliant. Congratulations!

MonsterousNasalPustule Tue 27-Oct-09 21:51:33

WoW many congratulations

weepootle Tue 27-Oct-09 21:52:46

Wow!!! What a great experience, congrats on your little girl. x

QOD Tue 27-Oct-09 21:54:15

wowsa!
did you ruin the bedding? LOL

MyCatsAScarierBastardThanYours Tue 27-Oct-09 21:54:34

As everyone says - WOW! Well done you and congratulations.

Wonderstuff Tue 27-Oct-09 21:54:53

OMG shock
What an amazing story
Well done you smile

preggersslaysandchops Tue 27-Oct-09 21:55:19

Wow again! Congratulations to you all. Now that definitely sounds like the kind of birth I want.

Aubergines Tue 27-Oct-09 21:57:50

Were you on your own? Did your DH and SiL realise you were delivering the baby?

Congratulations! Amazing story.

LittlePeanut Tue 27-Oct-09 21:58:00

That story made me cry! Congratulations to you all - and well done you! I have just had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago, and if he had been a girl we were going to either call her Isobel or May. Lovely names x

Didn't you have any pain then? or only when pushing? I can't believe it, that's amazing! Lucky you.

lockets Tue 27-Oct-09 22:04:13

Message withdrawn

comewhinewithme Tue 27-Oct-09 22:11:03

Wow shock grin congratulations I bet SIL was a bit shocked!

AitchTwoToTangOh Tue 27-Oct-09 22:13:46

how fantastic, well done and lovely name. sorting sil's blow up bed added an almost alan bennettian touch. grin

ilikeyoursleeves Tue 27-Oct-09 22:34:16

OMG amazing! Congratulations! Reminds me of my birth experience 3 months ago when I gave birth on my SIL's bathroom floor but it was agony for me! Sounds like yours just popped out

Spidermama Tue 27-Oct-09 22:40:28

Great birth story. Shame to have to go in just to placenta delivery when you'd done all that yourself.

Many congratulations and welcome Isabelle. smile

brimfull Tue 27-Oct-09 22:56:42

OMG congratulations! and well done

mumonthenet Tue 27-Oct-09 22:57:40

wow, well done you! Fab story.

How's your SIL grin ?

wow what an amazing entrance your daughter made to the world!!

Expect your SIL was very shock seeing as she onlhy came to look after the boys!!

well done to you all smile

mummy2t Wed 28-Oct-09 14:07:56

thank you everyone!!! yes it was amazing!! i am very proud of myself!! grin
SIL is still in shock, bless her!! Yes i did ruin the bedding grin but she forgave me lol.
Didnt have any pain at all, not even when pushing, think the other two paved the way for Isabelle lol!
My ds1 tells everyone who will listen i had the baby on the kitchen floor, even te tesco delivery man !!! was a shame i had to go in for the placenta, my midwife wasnt very happy that no one could get out to me but nevermind, she is here safe and thats all that matters. the day after she was born i was abit low thinking about what if it had all gone wrong but it didnt, i am lucky.

ErikaMaye Thu 29-Oct-09 22:44:27

Wow grin Major congratulations, and what a beautiful name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now