Talk

Advanced search

18 days late, not born at home and the wrong sex ! But baby puffy is here...

(10 Posts)
puffylovett Sat 03-Oct-09 13:56:08

Pleased to announce Baby James arrived on 1st October weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 11oz !

I didn't get my lovely planned home water birth, unfortunately. The day we went in to discuss post dates home birth with the consultant my blood pressure was through the roof and I had protein. So from then on in it was a highly stressful, adrenalin charged week of daily monitoring and refusing induction !

Luckily it never developed into pre eclampsia, just stayed as Pregnancy induced hypertension with what I feel was a fairly large degree of white coat syndrome smile. So I was able to hold out until I went into labour naturally and James was born in 6 hours with no pain relief - by the time I realised gas and air might be a good idea, it was a tad too late grin

So not quite the birth I had planned sad but still we made the most of it and I'm incredibly glad I acheived a natural birth. James doing well except for a slight tongue tie and looks like a mini east end brickie grin
. Oh, and all the way through I was convinced he was a girl - wrong instincts this time smile

skybright Sat 03-Oct-09 14:02:37

congratulations.Fantastic weight.

redsofas Sat 03-Oct-09 14:18:28

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! great weight and well done on the natural birth! x smile

mosschops30 Sat 03-Oct-09 14:21:54

Congrats smile (although wincing slightly at 9lbs 11ozs ooooouuucchh)

puffylovett Sat 03-Oct-09 18:02:58

Small head wink

AitchTwoToTangOh Sat 03-Oct-09 20:59:57

LOVE the name James, it's my absolute favourite. he sounds delicious, puff. grin

morningpaper Sat 03-Oct-09 21:01:53

congrats grin

Deeeja Sat 03-Oct-09 21:53:27

Congratulations!
grin

PlonkerCandleInAPumpkin Sat 03-Oct-09 21:55:39

Ahh congratulations!! smile

belgo Mon 05-Oct-09 11:25:03

Congratulations! I'm so glad you avoided the induction and had a good birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now