Talk

Advanced search

Teabelly's dd is here at last!

(16 Posts)
teabelly Mon 06-Jun-05 18:26:42

Well Amber finally made her appearance on her original due date of June 2nd, but with all the early arrivals of the Junies I thought she would never come!

She weighed in at 6lb 13oz and arrived at 15.50. Mild on/off contractions/period type pains started at 3am, about 10 mins apart, lasted about an hour or so then tailed off for an hour or so, then started again then tailed off...having had this 2 weeks ago we phoned the hospital who said come in and they would check if anything had actually started. Arrived at 11am to find I was 2cm dilated but once again contractions had stopped! Went for a walk and lunch to see if they would start again...well didn't want to loose the oportunity of a good meal out, without ds . Contractions started again at @ 1.15pm so arrived back at hospital to find all labour rooms busy! Eventually checked out at about 2.30 to discover that was now 4cm, and with contractions coming stronger I put on my tens machine. Also demanded my much lauded epidural at this stage as I didn't want to miss my 'window of opportunity' - unfortunately an emergency cs took away the anethetist (sp?) so sobbing I agreed to try the gas and air (that I found so crap last time!) and then have something stronger later. Coped fine with tens until about 3.15 when contractions suddenly picked up a pace and the gas and air came out. Asked the mw for something stronger, but obviously didn't look like I was in enough pain as she sauntered off and popped her head around the door 20 mins later to say she'd be another 5 mins or so with the jab, but I'd been rocked by 3 massive contractions and knew it was far too late. With just enough time to climb onto the bed my waters went with the first push, head crowned on the second and Amber flew out across the bed in one go on the third!

With everything happening so fast I missed my antibiotics in labour (for heart) so had to have them in the following 24 hours and consequently ended up staying in hospital until saturday afternoon. But all was fine and we're back home and settling in very nicely. DS is very taken with his new sister, but still really wants a blue dinosaur too!

welshmum Mon 06-Jun-05 18:38:41

So very, very pleased for you Tea - hope you're enjoying yourselves as a family of 4 (is ds going to get his blue dinosaur?)

beansprout Mon 06-Jun-05 18:39:50

Congratulations and welcome to Amber!!

coppertop Mon 06-Jun-05 18:41:13

Congratulations, Teabelly.

teabelly Mon 06-Jun-05 18:55:39

LOL Welshie - Amber 'bought' ds a boxed set of 4 dinosaur jigsaws - which included amongst them a blue one! but this apparently jigsaws don't cut the mustard so we'll have to see what we can do on our next shopping trip out

MarsLady Mon 06-Jun-05 18:58:30

Congratulations

bubbaloo Mon 06-Jun-05 19:03:12

congratulations again teabelly and welcome to amber-lovely birth story!!

tribpot Mon 06-Jun-05 19:15:26

Congratulations again to the teabelly clan, clearly Amber wanted to buck the trend of due in June babies arriving in May

Hulababy Mon 06-Jun-05 19:17:24

Congratulations and welcome to Amber

ebbie22 Mon 06-Jun-05 19:21:39

Lol,congratulations and hope Amber is settling in the role of little sister xx

hunkermunker Mon 06-Jun-05 19:25:28

Congratulations! Welcome to baby Amber

charleypops Mon 06-Jun-05 19:26:13

Congratulations again Tea! Poor you, sobbing for an epi. Sounds like a brilliant experience though all in all Hope ds gets his blue dinosaur soon

katzguk Tue 07-Jun-05 13:17:10

congratulations

KVG Tue 07-Jun-05 17:38:02

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Tue 07-Jun-05 17:41:02

Message withdrawn

mears Thu 09-Jun-05 14:28:23

Congratulations Teabelly

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: