Talk

Advanced search

Lua's boy is here!

(19 Posts)
Lua Mon 06-Jun-05 13:11:47

Lucas Benjamin was born on June 3rd at 2.27AM. He is very long (56cm!) which explains why he could kick me simultaneously in the ribs and pelvis! But pretty light for a GD baby (7lbs 14oz). He is a great feeder and the spitting image of my DD!

For those that like the gory details....

After trying everything I could to bring labour on (including castor oil! with absolutely no effect!)to avoid induction, I headed to the hospital wed AM for pessaries. Had lots of contractions the whole day (lasting 30s, every 2 minutes). However, wasn't accessed again until next morning when they told me that cervix had softened but still had no dialation . Another lot was given and much more contractions followed. This time they managed to check on me by 9 PM, and I had dilated to 1 cm. They were going to break the waters, but his head was still not engaged. When they warn me that meant I could have a prolapse cord I asked them to leave it alone until the next AM. They agreed and gave me a sweep instead. Contractions have started much stronger this time by the time I am back at the ward, and I knew it would all be happening soon. MW disagreed though and insisted on sending DH home because nothing would be happening. I went to the corridor with DH to buy sometime and an hour later convinced MW to put me in the monitor. She was finally convinced something was happening an let DH stay . Half an hour later things were getting really strong and we were sent back to the delivery suite. Got there at 12:30 and was told was 4 cm. MW got worried about heartbeat, and much against my will broke waters and put a clip on baby's head. She said I could still move around, but by this point I was barely managing the contractions and felt very much without any control and defeated . From there everything moved vary fast, and by the time they finally sort out the pain medication and the sliding scale for the diabetes, DS was crowning and two pushes he was out! Best of all no stitches!
As they say all is well, when ends well! Ds is very healthy and I'm feeling great!

tribpot Mon 06-Jun-05 13:24:20

Congratulations again Lua, and glad to hear it all worked out in the end. Welcome to the world, Lucas!

Cooperoo Mon 06-Jun-05 13:25:46

Wow Lua. You did go through it there!!
Congratulations though. Absolutely thrilled for the safe arrival and fab weight! Gives me strength you can see past the birth experience too. Well done and welcome Lucas!!!

mrsflowerpot Mon 06-Jun-05 13:26:00

Congratulations again Lua - a beautiful boy and no stitches at all is a very good result!

colditz Mon 06-Jun-05 13:26:41

Congratulations Lua, aren't little babies lovely!

hoxtonchick Mon 06-Jun-05 13:33:49

congratulations lua. what a brilliant size, hope you're off the insulin now.

bubbaloo Mon 06-Jun-05 13:45:00

congratulations again lua and welcome to baby lucas.

MarsLady Mon 06-Jun-05 13:47:02

congratulations

Hulababy Mon 06-Jun-05 16:43:37

Congratulations and welcome to Lucas

mcmudda Mon 06-Jun-05 17:07:24

Well done Lua! Sounds like it all worked out in the end! And Lucas Benjamin is a great name Congratulations!!

Frizbe Mon 06-Jun-05 17:08:43

WEll done and congrats!

Yorkiegirl Mon 06-Jun-05 17:08:44

Message withdrawn

charleypops Mon 06-Jun-05 17:41:51

Congratulations again Lua!!

Defeated you say?! Doesn't sound like it - after all you didn't have a cs and not even any stitches!

JoolsToo Mon 06-Jun-05 17:43:45

fab! many congratulations

teabelly Mon 06-Jun-05 17:46:19

CONGRATULATIONS to the Lua family again. So so glad you managed to avoid the cs you really didn't want...now as your dd has already been promised to my ds, does that mean that Lucas can now be promised to Amber...you know keep it in the family!!

JonahB Mon 06-Jun-05 18:09:47

Lua, a big congratulations again! Really pleased for you, DH and DD. Welcome baby Lucas

katzguk Tue 07-Jun-05 13:15:16

congratulations

KVG Tue 07-Jun-05 17:35:01

Message withdrawn

mears Thu 09-Jun-05 14:29:28

Congratulations Lua

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: