Talk

Advanced search

Samson arrives in the nick of time

(6 Posts)
RorysRacingMa Mon 14-Sep-09 15:41:58

I'd expected him to be born on a couple of different days - his due date was the 12th but his brother and sister were both born 2 weeks early, so my money was on either the 31st August or 4th/5th September.

I was woken at 5.30am on Sunday by the Rorster and as i climbed back into bed i felt a pop and a small whoosh of water. Half an hour later the contractions started. My sister would ahve been the first port of call for looking after the DD and Ds but typically she was away in Bath on a long needed romantic weekend with her DH. But as luck would have it my parents were in town to babaysit so they got a wake up call at 7 asking them to take my 2 as well.

I called the midwife team at 6 am to be informed no cover available until after 7 when the new shift started, but that was ok cos i'd hardly had a contraction by then. I called them back at 9 to ask if i could be assessed as the contractions were kicking in then. My midwife for my daughter tured up at 9.30 and my contractions suddenly changed as i asked for the G & A. Advised to wait for the assessment to be completed but Samson was born 10 mins later at 9.44. In my bedroom of our new house. What a beautiful start to the day.

All doing well and relaxing as best we can. He weighed 8lbs 10oz, nearly 2 lbs bigger than his big brother.

elmofan Mon 14-Sep-09 15:55:47

congratulations smile hope you are taking it easy

Northernlurker Wed 16-Sep-09 23:35:55

Wow that was quick! Congratulations smile

hambler Wed 16-Sep-09 23:49:41

Congratulations.
Beautiful name

pasturesnew Wed 16-Sep-09 23:49:43

Wonderful news, congratulations!

devotion Fri 18-Sep-09 21:03:33

Congratulations - what a fantastic birth story, I am pregnant with my third and planning my first homebirth I so hope mine goes as smoothly as yours.

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now