Talk

Advanced search

Nattys Baby Boy is here!

(13 Posts)
TheNatty Fri 10-Jul-09 05:48:25

Baby Boy born at 10.24am 7/7/09 weighing 7lb 14oz

my labour started at about 1am, i woke in a bit of discomfort but convinced i had a bladder infection hopped in the bath to relieve my back ache.
i had a false alarm on the saturday before and i was only 38 weeks so was sure it was another false alarm, and spent from 1-5am in the bath groaning
at 5 woke DH up to let him know things were happening, and we went downstairs to call the midwife out to us for our planned homebirth.

my friend came and collected the kids at about 6.30 and they left after a brief hug between contractions!
i felt the need to push at about 7, so DH rang the maternity ward to find out where the m idwife was. turns out she had got lost on the way! she didnt turn up till around halfpast, by then DH had called an ambulance in panic sure that i was about to deliver on my own.

very grateful when midwife and ambulance turned up at the same time and was able to suck the life out of gas and air i got thru a tank in that next hour!

i was allowed to push at home for about an hour before they tranfered me to hospital (being a VBAC they are strict on these things)
once in the hospital i had a wonderful midwife and her student who coached me through the contractions. turned out i had been pushing towards the END of the contractions when i should be push at the begining or even before as my contractions were short and i wasnt moving the baby very far at all and he was slipping back at the end of each contraction.

baby heart rate started to drop and he went 'bracycardic'(Sp?) so i had to push for dear life to get him out that last bit, but i mananged to get from crowning to fully out in one push.
drawback to that was that i tore rather badly (having checked notes its a third degree tear)
they took 2 hours to stitch me up, but they have done a very good job i must say. then i fed him which was amazing as despite me not being able to hold him for the first few hours he latched on right away.

i went onto the ward breifly and was home at 9pm that night

he still has no name, but we are going to try and pick one by the weekend, we thought we had 2 weeks leeft to choose!

JetLi Fri 10-Jul-09 06:03:28

Many congratulations Natty!

elliepac Fri 10-Jul-09 07:08:45

COngratulation to you and your family!

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Fri 10-Jul-09 07:12:01

Big big congratulations again!

Lulumama Fri 10-Jul-09 07:23:19

congratulations natty..... lovely, lovely news... you did really well getting as far as you did at home.. brilliant !! hope your tear heals ok... lots of arnica for you. really, really pleased for you. xxxxxx

HellHathNoFury Fri 10-Jul-09 07:33:40

Congrats natty xxx

LittleMissNorty Fri 10-Jul-09 08:24:56

Congratulations Natty x smile

trace2 Fri 10-Jul-09 12:00:57

huge congratulations natty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadameDefarge Fri 10-Jul-09 12:14:37

Ah, so very happy for you! I feel a certain proprietorial interest in this baby, after last week!

Pics please!

TheNatty Fri 10-Jul-09 20:47:41

pictures on my profile
thanks for the congrats guys

MadameDefarge Fri 10-Jul-09 22:49:33

He looks marvellous! I feel very proud of you both (and of me, of course, keeping that hot water on the boil for days!)

4andnotout Fri 10-Jul-09 22:53:43

Congratulations again, i have had a nose at your pictures and he is lovely

treedelivery Fri 10-Jul-09 23:00:06

Hurrah! Another cloth baby to the [nappy] fold. Many congrats on such a beautiful boy.

<<sniffs at memory of own birthing 6 months ago, and thought of an xs sandy's>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now