Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mrs Babookaloo just about gets her VBAC (kind of) and a bruised and battered but beautiful baby girl

(5 Posts)
mrsbabookaloo Sun 28-Jun-09 16:46:28

Sylvie June was born Thursday lunchtime.

All those looking for positive VBAC stories, click away from the thread now. It was generally awful and my positive-thinking-natal-hypnotherapy stuff went mostly out of the window when I came face to face with the pain. Still, managed to fully dilate with just gas and air in about 6-7 hours, but couldn't do the pushing effectively and ran out of time before the doctors had to intervene....and I was glad of it by that time. They took me into theatre and got me all set up and anaesthetised me for the c-s, but said they would have a look and try to pull her out if she had moved down far enough. She had, and thank god I couldn't feel it when they hauled her out of there with forceps. At least she came out the correct exit, though I can't really say I did it myself.

3 days later, her face is looking much better than it was, and I'm experiencing the whole recovery from episiotomy and stitches for the first time.

She's here, she's a sweetheart, and I am NEVER doing it again.

DD1 is very pleased with her baby sister, and has been very sweet towards the baby, if not us, so far.

Will go away and post on other threads now about swollen ankles, worries about milk supply, how to cope with two and how to get a newborn to settle!

juneybean Sun 28-Jun-09 16:47:47

What a beautiful name, welcome to the world Sylvie!!

Hope you are alright

cyteen Sun 28-Jun-09 16:49:35

Lovely name, congratulations Wishing you a speedy recovery and many happy times as a family of four!

mrsbabookaloo Sun 28-Jun-09 17:36:21

Thank you!

Northernlurker Tue 07-Jul-09 16:48:42

You did do it yourself! You did all the hard work and the docs just swanned in at the last minute to do the glamorous bit grin. It was you who did all the growing and the nurturing and the dilating! (lets not forget the dilating)

Hope all is going well for you both now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now