Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Announcement cards recommendations?

(10 Posts)
June2009 Mon 18-May-09 14:15:36

Hiya!

I'm looking at birth announcement cards online.
I'm a bit worried about quality from a random shop so I have asked for samples to be sent to me.

I've tried a few over the weekend and announce-it and heritage-stationary have got back to me and are a possibility, also vistaprint but they don't do samples.

Ideally I want to choose everything before the birth and then just have to send them the photo by email or upload on site and get the cards delivered within a week.
Any recommendations?

claricebeansmum Mon 18-May-09 14:18:05

www.announceit.co.uk have done my change of address and other stationery and are very good.

I am quite anal demanding over styling and fonts and they always come up trumps.

PigeonPair Wed 20-May-09 17:51:57

I used Paperplain - www.paperplain.net and was REALLY impressed. I'm also quite demanding on styling and fonts. They have some really gorgeous designs. I had the bunny cards and slipped in a photo with them. I can send you an example if you would like!!

DoThisDoThat Wed 20-May-09 17:54:15

Announceit are great.

loler Wed 20-May-09 18:13:29

we used moonpig.com and they we're lovely quality. They do cards but I chose the postcards

June2009 Fri 26-Jun-09 10:40:38

Just wanted to say that in the end we used Heritage.
It cost us £142 for 100 very good quality cards & envelopes. I'm very happy with them, they were very helpful and sent some samples over to start with.
I placed the order and payment on wednesday and had the cards delivered on thursday.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 26-Jun-09 10:44:46

I just bought some cards from Moo.com the quality is exceptional and the site is easy to use

nigglewiggle Fri 26-Jun-09 10:46:08

We used Ballistic Blue - very pleased with them.

VAB Fri 26-Jun-09 12:18:52

Hi,

I have a wedding stationery website (www.rsvpinvites.co.uk) and since being pregnant have wondered about offering birth announcements too - just wasn't sure how popular they were?!

Seems to be a nice thing to send out and looking at those sites quite popular. Everyone loves a baby photo!!

I think I'll do some designs and launch that on my site then. Thank ladies - I need to boost business during maternity leave so I can hopefully do it full time.

I'd just make sure the card weight is at least 350gsm so they are nice quality.

lovebeingamom Mon 03-Aug-09 15:49:45

Hi, I run a printing business and we do personalised photo birth announcement cards. We are currently setting up our website but at the moments sell through ebay. Our user name is calendarmoments_123. Prices start at £2.99 for a pack of 10 postcard style ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now