Talk

Advanced search

006 - Pathetic wimp delivers baby girl

(19 Posts)
006 Tue 03-May-05 18:56:52

Now we are in May and almost everyone has had their babies (anyone who has not I am guessing is probably in the process) I can admit what a wimp I am and how awful I thought it was!

Beatrice Rose arrived on 23 April - at induced at 3.30pm, 3 cm at 9.30pm and delivered (8lbs and 15oz) at 10.30 pm. She is q calm and cheerful and very lovely.

All medically q straightforward, but OMG it hurt! Bear in mind this was baby no 3 and baby no 2 was delivered without pain relief, I thought I would be in control and would manage OK. She was back to back, but I was stunned by how I did not cope.

I accepted gas and air which made me hallucinate, DH showed me the teethmarks where I had bitten him and had then I had to deliver the placenta through 'maternal effort' as the cord snapped, but all in all the experience was appalling. I know the delivery was simple, so I cannot imagine how anyone with complications copes at all!

Am I the biggest wimp in the world, or has anyone else been surprised by a delivery???

moondog Tue 03-May-05 19:11:52

How lovely that BeatriceRose is here safe and sound! Congratulations!
The experince sounds grim, but then childbirth is. I am tough but was shocked at how rough it was!
Hope you recover soon.
XX

Frizbe Tue 03-May-05 19:14:42

Glad it all went ok and you have a healthy baby girl congratulations (if ouch, the pethadine is good!)

elsmommy Tue 03-May-05 19:16:29

congratulations, well done

bosscat Tue 03-May-05 19:21:18

congratulations! yes back to back is horrendous, I had that with ds1 and it nearly put me off doing it again completely. ds2 was simple, only gas and air and very painful but in a different league to the back to back experience. no you are not a wimp it really is a form of torture that sort of birth. Well done!

Maddison Tue 03-May-05 19:48:18

Congratulations and welcome to Beatrice Rose I also had the back to back experience with DS but luckily it hasn't put me off having another

motherinferior Tue 03-May-05 19:56:24

Back to back is awful, I've always been in total dread of it. You poor love. Thank heavens it's OVER.

006 Thu 05-May-05 08:50:23

Aha! Not a total wimp then. Just as well baby is worth it! Did feel embarassed when other people had it so much harder!

Lovely to hear of all these babies!

franke Thu 05-May-05 08:58:17

Of course you're not a wimp. Back to back is ghastly - well done for getting through it and being so restrained with your dh . Beatrice Rose is a lovely name. Congratulations.

MarsLady Thu 05-May-05 09:06:12

You're not a wimp. You did very well. Congratulations

aloha Thu 05-May-05 09:36:41

Back to back IS vile (and it counts as a complication btw). I had i before I got my lovely section - and boy was I happy to get that spinal in!
There are no medals for childbirth, the prize is your baby - and you just won the lottery!

Tessiebear Thu 05-May-05 10:03:01

Congratulations!!!
I was really surprised at what a wimp i was with DS2. I had forgotten the pain of my labour with DS1 (an induction and 12 hour labour) even though it was only two years before having DS2. DS2 was a 6 hour labour but the thought of the pain still frightens me when i think about it. THis was 4 1/2 yrs ago and i am due to give birth to no. 3 is 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

compo Thu 05-May-05 10:04:38

well done!! what a lovely name. Not a wimp at all and 8lbs 15oz is by no means small!!!

Hulababy Thu 05-May-05 20:09:24

Congratulations and welcome to Beatrice Rose

DelGirl Mon 09-May-05 10:34:59

congratulations 006 and a very warm welcome to Beatrice Rose, i'm sure she'll bring you much joy.

charlie72 Fri 27-May-05 22:26:48

Both my babies were by section (Apparantly being a size 12/14 does not mean you have childbearing hips!!) - the thought of a normal delivery scares the hell out of me.

My sister has had 4 babies, all delivered naturally and she swears the last 2 were harder than the first.

Many congratulations to you and your family on the safe, if not painful arrival of your little one.

Yorkiegirl Fri 27-May-05 22:33:54

Message withdrawn

motherpeculiar Fri 27-May-05 23:22:08

006 - just spotted this now. CONGRATULATIONS. And what a beautiful name by the way.

Agree about the back to back bit. And as far as I am concerned, when it comes to childbirth, here are no wimps. I've been what I thought was a complete wimp once (BTB too funnily enough) and managed it with no pain relief once too, so I reckon it is totally down to the baby and the day!!!

well done !!!

PuffTheMagicDragon Fri 27-May-05 23:24:53

Congratulations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now