Talk

Advanced search

It will be today sometime......the suspense is killing me....

(14 Posts)
QueenEagle Tue 03-May-05 12:34:25

Bit cheeky, I know....but thought I'd share this with you all.

Bruv and SIL have gone in today at 8am for a planned CS of their 2nd baby. A brief history:

Last April their first, a dd, was born 9 weeks prem after SIL collapsed with eclampsia after all the signs of protein in her urine, puffy, swollen ankes and face, also funny things going on with her eyes had gone unnoticed by the MW. She was rushed in for an emergency CS but lay critical for 3 days in the crash room as they struggled to save her life and that of the baby. Shortly after she recovered from this traumatic event, she was diagnosed with MS at the age of only 21.

Today SIL is 37 weeks and thankfully has made it this far with no sign of pre-eclampsia, even though she has had a few ups and downs due to the MS.

She went in at 8am this morning and I am pacing up and down waiting for the phone to ring. My money is on it being a boy.

Anyway it's a good excuse for not doing any housework today and sitting on MN next to the 'phone!!

NomDePlume Tue 03-May-05 12:35:21

Awww, hope it all goes well for her and the family.

Gobbledigook Tue 03-May-05 12:35:30

Oooh, exciting! Let us know!!

cellogirl Tue 03-May-05 12:35:33

fingers crossed xxxxxx

Thinking of you and your family x

QueenEagle Tue 03-May-05 12:46:22

I knew posting something would make the phone ring!!!

Very limited info at the minute but after having a general anaesthetic, a baby boy (yes! I knew it would be) weighing 6lb 12oz was born at 10.45 ish this morning. Bruv can't remember the exact time as he's so emotional, bless him!

SIL is not so good however, there's been a bit of a prob with not being able to stop the bleeding and her BP is a concern. But like I said, info is a bit hazy just at the moment, so hopefully the next message I get will be more positive.

Yippee, Auntie QueenEagle has another nephew to take under her wing!

motherpeculiar Tue 03-May-05 14:05:00

good news, congratulations - hope SiL is out of the woods very soon.

MP

Gobbledigook Tue 03-May-05 14:06:02

Oh how lovely!! Congratulations!

Gobbledigook Tue 03-May-05 14:06:40

Oh, I hope SIL is OK too (sorry, scanned your post and saw baby boy but didn't read it properly).

Maddison Tue 03-May-05 19:50:37

Congratulations Aunty QE, hope your SIL is well again soon

LGJ Tue 03-May-05 19:53:17

Congrats..............update please...........

hunkermunker Tue 03-May-05 19:55:06

Congratulations on your lovely new nephew, QE!

Hope SIL is on the mend now xxxxxx

hunkermunker Tue 03-May-05 22:56:39

QE, how are your SIL and new nephew?

QueenEagle Tue 03-May-05 23:08:07

Just seen this - have been out playing netball this evening!

Thank you for your congrats, you are all so nice here ya know!

Have spoken briefly to bruv who reports that he didn't like it when they took him into the theatre just as baby Reese was being born and he saw the blood and guts end which made him feel bad! SIL had a GA so I guess he was taken in just for the crucial moment. Baby had to go up briefly to neonatal as he was a bit cold and had swallowed some gunk but otherwise is fine. Also he was only just 37 weeks.

Just waiting now to see how SIL's body reacts with regard to the MS, I know there has been talk of her transferring to Addenbrookes in Cambridge due to the effects of hormones or something on her condition.

But for the time being all looks great!

hunkermunker Tue 03-May-05 23:26:26

Good news, QE - glad to hear it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now