Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New niece arrived safely (thanks to everyone who reassured me about diabetes)

(17 Posts)
edam Mon 18-Apr-05 22:04:20

My wonderful sister was safely delivered of a little girl this evening, both absolutely fine. After all our worries about her gestational diabetes (which was ignored by the hospital for 10 nightmare weeks) I can't tell you how much of a relief! Dire warnings that baby would be huge turned out to be an exaggeration - 8lb 6oz, only 2oz bigger than my ds. And no special care needed either, hurrah!
Thank you to everyone who posted about diabetes. Bless you

compo Mon 18-Apr-05 22:05:19

that's great what have they called her?

edam Mon 18-Apr-05 22:08:38

still haven't decided. just as well she's a girl, my other sister and I have bagged all the nice boys' names

Gobbledigook Mon 18-Apr-05 22:09:17

Great news! Congratulations!

JoolsToo Mon 18-Apr-05 22:09:41

great news - another safe delivery

lockets Mon 18-Apr-05 22:13:47

Message withdrawn

edam Mon 18-Apr-05 22:18:45

Oh yes, and I won't be cross, even if they do use the name I want for a girl (sister and I have argued about this one for years)!
Niece is miracle baby as sister has severe PCOS and had resigned herself to infertility. I AM SOOOOO EXCITED can you tell?

edam Mon 18-Apr-05 22:20:07

Oh yes, and I won't be cross, even if they do use the name I want for a girl (sister and I have argued about this one for years)!
Niece is miracle baby as sister has severe PCOS and had resigned herself to infertility. I AM SOOOOO EXCITED can you tell?

edam Mon 18-Apr-05 22:20:39

oops!

kid Mon 18-Apr-05 22:21:12

Congratulations to your sister Edam, she must be delighted after having resigned herself to infertility. xxx

hoxtonchick Mon 18-Apr-05 22:23:16

really happy to read this edam! big congratulations to your sister. xxxx

lockets Mon 18-Apr-05 22:25:27

Message withdrawn

edam Mon 18-Apr-05 23:04:19

cheers everyone - especially HC, your advice was excellent. How are you?

racking my brains for (new) present ideas, haven't been able to resist buying stuff in advance and father's family have been sending the most gorgeous stuff - she has enough beautifully embroidered crib sheets to start her own shop (the proud father is Italian and new arrival is first baby for 40 years in his family... and the first girl for more than 60!).

Maddison Tue 19-Apr-05 12:01:28

Congratulations to your sister edam - this is such an inspiring story to other people with PCOS

Marina Tue 19-Apr-05 12:11:38

Fabulous news, what a relief for you all. Congratulations aunty

hoxtonchick Tue 19-Apr-05 15:31:08

glad i could help, edam. i'm good thanks, 28 weeks, time dragging slowly by.....

motherinferior Tue 19-Apr-05 15:33:53

Faberooney - how many little cousinlets has ds now?

And send me (and HC) an email so we can go out and drink her health!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now