Talk

Advanced search

Bronniemuldoon's new arrival

(20 Posts)
bronniemuldoon Tue 12-Apr-05 12:18:58

Madeleine was born on 5 April at 15.44 weighing in at 6lbs 6oz.

I woke up with contractions on Tuesday morning at about 5am. Sending my poor DH into a panic as he hadn't tied up all his work (Maddy not due until 11 April!) - think he was banking on her being late. He left early to get as much done as possible and I spent the morning wandering around the house with contractions which were on and off similar to with DS. Luckily my mum was on hand looking after DS so wasn't entirely alone.

Had a bath at around 1pm and things started kicking off - contractions coming every 10 - 8 mins by this time coupled with phone calls to DH to return home asap. DH finally turned up at 14.55 flinging bags, clothes and me into car as contractions were every 3 mins by this time. Got to hospital, parked on double yellows and made mad dash to delivery suite making it with just 14 minutes to spare. Consequently had a really quick (and relatively easy) delivery just with gas and air. With DH just making it for the crucial last 5 mins after having to park the car . Midwife was lovely, helped me really well with easing her out as scared of 3rd degree tear again but avoided one which was great. All in all a v. good experience.

Unfortunately had to stay in for a few days as Maddy coughed up lots of green phlegm which involved a spell in intensive care with x rays, drips and feeding tubes but thank goodness all search for intestinal blockage came back negative so very pleased but meant we spent a very emotional and scary 2nd day thinking she might have to have an operation. Thankfully not. All home now and enjoying her like mad .

FastasleepTheInsomniac Tue 12-Apr-05 12:20:04

Yay for Maddy glad she's home with you!

roosmum Tue 12-Apr-05 12:23:57

congrats BM - keep enjoying

mummydreamer Tue 12-Apr-05 12:26:37

Well done Bronniemuldoon and welcome to the world Maddie (beautiful name by the way!).

nailpolish Tue 12-Apr-05 12:27:20

LOVE her name

congrats xxx

rydercup Tue 12-Apr-05 12:35:38

Beautiful name - glad all went well with delivery and little Maddie has a clean bill of health. Congratulations!!!

Hulababy Tue 12-Apr-05 20:32:19

Congratulations and welcome to Madeleine

Socci Tue 12-Apr-05 20:33:40

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Apr-05 20:35:04

Message withdrawn

RTMTMML Tue 12-Apr-05 20:38:10

congratulations!

Gem13 Tue 12-Apr-05 20:39:20

Congratulations and welcome to Madeleine

motherpeculiar Wed 13-Apr-05 10:10:18

big congrats Bronnie - and a huge hello to baby Madeleine

glad everything went so well for you

mp X

JoolsToo Wed 13-Apr-05 10:10:58

lovely name - congratulations!

leander Wed 13-Apr-05 10:14:16

Congratulations Bronnie, the labour sounds as though it went brilliantly,sorry you had the worry of Madeleine being poorly so glad she is ok and that you are home enjoying her.Love the name very pretty xxx

Hausfrau Wed 13-Apr-05 10:16:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

orangina Wed 13-Apr-05 20:07:43

Congratulations to bronniemuldoon and welcome to Madeleine....! What a lovely name (I have a god daughter with the same name).... enjoy this heavenly time O xxxx

Seabird Wed 13-Apr-05 21:31:47

Wow Bronnie you cut things fine too! Great birth story though

Anyway huge congratulations and I'm so pleased to hear Madeleine's doing well now. xxx

mears Thu 14-Apr-05 00:35:57

Congratulations. Glad all is well

bronniemuldoon Thu 14-Apr-05 22:09:31

Thanks for all your lovely messages. Everything going OK so far apart from sleep deprivation and sore nipples! Hoping to hear more news from the other April boarders soon....

Bxx

PS Hi Hausfrau, yes I'm a Bronnie in RL too.

fishie Fri 15-Apr-05 15:47:08

congratulations, well done (so quick!) and welcome to maddy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now