Talk

Advanced search

Baby Seabird's Waterbirth

(38 Posts)
Seabird Mon 04-Apr-05 18:04:20

Mr & Mrs's Seabird are delighted to announce the safe arrival of their 2nd baby, Jasper Leo, on Sunday 3-4-5 (good birthdate!) at 1230pm This is how it happened...

After going to bed on Saturday night after a bath and a couple of paracetamol (good advice Pupuce ) the contractions got me out of bed again at 1215am. I left DH sleeping - thought he might as well, I wasn't sure how long things were going to go on the following day - and spent a few hours watching Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe (pausing for contractions!). At 4am I went up to the spare room and managed a few hours' sleep in 10 minute snatches in between contractions. Then at 730am I rang my mum & asked her to come up from Wales to look after DD as the friends who were going to have her during my labour were away for the weekend. Things eased off a bit then so I had breakfast and went back to bed for a few hours. I also watched Home Birth Diaries which coincidentally had my midwife delivering the baby, which I took as a good sign!

I got up at 11am, rang the midwife and told her things might be happening today although not yet as the contractions weren't regular enough (!) and decided to have a bath, at which point things really stepped up a few gears. When I leapt out of the bath during a particularly painful contraction DH encouraged me to go downstairs to the birth pool and in retrospect it's a good job he did or the baby could've ended up being born on the toilet!

Once I was in the pool I realised that I could feel the baby's head with my hand and told DH he better get the midwife asap . Thankfully she arrived at 1220pm, 10 minutes before Jasper! My mum arrived 2 minutes after, when I was still in the pool with him attached by his cord. And DD woke from her nap another 10 mins after that, and came down to meet her baby brother as we were all drinking tea and eating tuna sandwiches.

At 7lb12oz Jasper was a good pound heavier that his sister but his entry to the world couldn't have been more different (she was forceps, stitches etc). So far he's been very placid in keeping with his smooth arrival, but we're reserving judgment on his long term character til we've spent a few more nights with him!

Sorry for the long ramble, but I'll be wanting to know the minutiae of everyone else on the April thread's births, so I thought I'd tell it all myself!

Yorkiegirl Mon 04-Apr-05 18:05:34

Message withdrawn

SPARKLER1 Mon 04-Apr-05 18:05:36

Congratulations!!

RTMTMML Mon 04-Apr-05 18:06:17

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you. Congratulations. Welcome Jasper

Merlin Mon 04-Apr-05 18:07:46

Got there in the end then Seabird - sounds fantastic, especially the tuna sandwiches!! Love the name BTW

KerryJ Mon 04-Apr-05 18:08:15

Lovely birth story!

Many congratulations and a big welcome to baby Jasper.

Raindog Mon 04-Apr-05 18:21:18

Congratulations Seabird! That's a fantastic birth story - absolutely brilliant timing all round! I hope I can manage something even half as smooth as that! Welcome Jasper Leo - we want some pictures!
And thanks also for the details - I'm with you on wanting to know how everyone else does!

Roobie Mon 04-Apr-05 18:27:11

What an advert for a relaxed home-birth!! It sounds absolutely amazing - well done and welcome to baby Jasper (such a cute name!).

alux Mon 04-Apr-05 18:32:16

congratulations.

Aaaaahhhh. I want one as trouble free as yours!!!!

miranda2 Mon 04-Apr-05 18:45:25

sounds fantastic! My first was forceps etc, and I'm hoping for a waterbirth this time - so send those good vibes this way, sounds exactly how it should be!

milosmum Mon 04-Apr-05 18:53:36

congratulations- and what a lovely name! ill be remembering that one. my 1st was a v v long labour and lots of stiches and forceps- thisa time im hoping for a home birth i hope its half as good as yours seems to have been- enjoy him!

motherpeculiar Mon 04-Apr-05 19:10:01

Hey Seabird!!!!!

WELL DONE

sounds like you were very calm and together indeed.

Like the others, after a long and protracted 1st labour I'm hoping for something even half as calm as yours sounded this time around.

And thanks for providing all those details, the April crew would have been hounding you otherwise

Congratulations again and a big welcome to little Jasper (love the name btw)

MP XXX

pupuce Mon 04-Apr-05 19:11:21

That timing was excellent Seabird... funnyt how children sleep though labours!
Welcome Jasper...

DelGirl Mon 04-Apr-05 19:17:27

Congratulations Seabird, what a great birth experience Looking forward to seeing some pics of little Jasper when you get the chance. It's great reading about all the other April due's isn't it.

Lucy99 Mon 04-Apr-05 19:50:05

Sounds like a really lovely experience - congratulations! x

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 04-Apr-05 19:53:46

Congratulations!

It's a lovely name you've picked.

Maddison Mon 04-Apr-05 20:27:25

Congratulations and welcome to the world baby Jasper!

Hulababy Mon 04-Apr-05 20:41:39

Congratulations and welcome to Jasper

Beetroot Mon 04-Apr-05 20:45:28

Message withdrawn

starshaker Mon 04-Apr-05 21:02:03

congratulations seabird how do i sign up for 1 of those births

Mosschops30 Mon 04-Apr-05 21:06:15

Message withdrawn

leander Tue 05-Apr-05 07:35:35

Fantastis birth story Seabird, huge congratulations to you, your dh and daughter and welcome baby Jasper xxxx

aprilmeadow Tue 05-Apr-05 08:51:52

Congratulations Seabird on the safe arrival of baby Jasper Leo.

coppertop Tue 05-Apr-05 09:31:05

Congratulations to the Seabird family.

ambrosia Tue 05-Apr-05 09:40:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now