Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kelly's twins are here

(35 Posts)
Kelly1978 Sun 27-Mar-05 16:38:59

Hi everyone,
My beautiful boys are here and we are all back home. Ravi was born at 4.21 weighing 6lb, followed by Akshay at 4.23 at 6lb 8...

For those who want all the details

We went in early wed for the section, but had a really up and down day. I was all set, when a midwife came in and said the consultant had said I should have a vaginal delivery, despite them both being breech. I said I didn't want this and and a bit of a discussion they agreed I would have the section, and was scheduled for second place.
A few emergencies meant I didn't get prepped for theatre til the afternoon, and then they decided one of the babies was ceph and the consultant refused my section outright. I was really upset and angry at this. I had been suffereing a lot with a collapsed lung and swollen legs in the prev weeks, and the day before I actually collapsed in the street - I didn't feel well enough to attempt a vaginal delivery.
It was the same consultant who I had arguements with before and refused the early section when my lung collapsed. In the end we demanded a second opinion. My partner eventually had to leave to collect my other children while we waiting for the second opinion, and we weren;t hopeful.
Suddenly the dr comes in and says I'm going to theatre now. DP had to drop the kids with a neighbour and charge back as I was being given the epidural. He just made it back in time for the birth. A cesarean was the wierdest feeling ever, but the relief and happiness at finally meeting our boys was amazing. Incidentally, both boys were breech, the sonographer had gotten it wrong, so I'm so glad that I pushed for the section. I had to have two blood transfusions, and felt very ill for the first few hours, but we're all doing great now.
We came home yesterday and so far we're BFing but I'm not sure how long that's going to last!!

Kelly1978 Sun 27-Mar-05 16:42:05

Ps if anyone can tell me how, or post a link on how, I will put a piccie of them up.

pinkdiamond Sun 27-Mar-05 17:05:33

Message withdrawn

Xena Sun 27-Mar-05 17:08:48

Congrats Kelly glad you are doing well. (I'll call TMPushchairs and tell her)

Hulababy Sun 27-Mar-05 17:10:09

Congraulations Kelly and welcome to Ravi and Akshay

Go to member profiles to add a photo of your boys. Make sure the file size is small first though.

JanH Sun 27-Mar-05 17:14:53

Blimey, Kelly - 12+lbs of twins, arguments with stupid consultant, c section, 2 blood transfusions and you're home already - you star!

The picture is lovely. Big congratulations to you all

Yorkiegirl Sun 27-Mar-05 17:18:27

Message withdrawn

orangina Sun 27-Mar-05 18:16:27

Oooh Kelly, so excited to hear your news, so glad to hear the twins are safely here after all your messing around..... best of luck, looking forward to seeing the pics..... and congratulations

Raindog Sun 27-Mar-05 18:35:54

Hooray! Congratulations Kelly and welcome to your lovely boys! You must be so relieved after all the kerfuffle! Brilliant news! Well done for going the distance with that much weight inside too!

moondog Sun 27-Mar-05 18:44:06

Congratulations kelly!! You sound like you've had a tough time.
Twins!!!! Ooooooh how exciting!!
Best of luck with the b/feeding!!
XXX

TinyGang Sun 27-Mar-05 19:04:10

Many, many congratulations!
Sounds like a bumpy ride, but WELL DONE!!

Bet they're cute as new buttons - hope you feel well. Remember - just take it all one day at a time, don't get too overwhelmed with it all.

Leogaela Sun 27-Mar-05 19:26:54

Congratulations Kelly! Fantastic!!! Well done for standing your ground with having the section. hope you are getting lots of help and support.

xxxx

coppertop Sun 27-Mar-05 19:33:44

Congratulations! A big welcome to your 2 boys.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sun 27-Mar-05 19:37:12

So happy to hear your news Kelly. Well done. As to the bfing, I'm still feeding my DTs (13months on). The trick is to take it easy and don't let anyone tell you that you can't. My HV (spit, spit, spit) told me that I would have to top them up as it would be too difficult to feed them. How wrong she was (about that and so many things). Anyway, do as you will and enjoy. Can't wait to see the piccies. Glad that they are safely here. I've been praying for their delivery. Not good having an infusion huh? Still you are well and safely home and that's what matters. Congratulations

SoupDragon Sun 27-Mar-05 19:40:39

Congratulations!

leander Sun 27-Mar-05 19:44:17

Oh Kelly they are so cute.Well done to you and all your brood.i cant believe our April thread is starting to post birth announcements,"talk" to you soon.
Love Leander xx

alux Sun 27-Mar-05 20:14:32

Well done Kelly. Thank goodness that you wee angels are healthy and safe. I can't imagine a consultant being so difficult! How frightening.

It looks like being able to put on a good strop has its advantages! (makes notes to self.)

Gem1355 Sun 27-Mar-05 20:38:34

Congratulations Kelly!!

Seabird Sun 27-Mar-05 20:53:59

Well done Kelly!!! Can't believe that consultant - so glad you got your section in the end and that all went well. Good luck surviving these first weeks!

lilsmum Sun 27-Mar-05 21:07:18

congrats kelly, i bet they soooo cute

toomanypushchairs Sun 27-Mar-05 21:08:01

Fantastic news, congratulations! and welcome to your little boys. Glad you stuck to your guns, hope you are all doing well, will look forward to hearing more news when you have time(should have said 'If you have time!)

serenity Sun 27-Mar-05 21:08:20

Congratulations!

I'm glad you managed to work everything out in the end!

Roobie Mon 28-Mar-05 00:37:06

Congrats Kelly - you must be so relieved to have your babies at last! Hope you enjoy getting to know them...

kama Mon 28-Mar-05 01:47:50

Message withdrawn

Nathanmum Mon 28-Mar-05 02:19:25

Well done. Keep healthy & sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now