Talk

Advanced search

Bonym's beautiful baby is here!

(18 Posts)
bonym Mon 21-Mar-05 19:00:44

After having a show at 5.30am yesterday morning (some of you will have seen my thread!), my waters went on to break an hour later and contractions were just getting to the stage that I needed to put the TENS machine on at about 9.30am when the midwife also arrived.

By about 10.30am I was 4cm dilated so midwife said I could get into the birthing pool which was utter bliss! 2nd midwife arrived and by about 3pm I was getting the urge to push. I couldn't seem to get upright enough in the pool so got out and it was confirmed that I was fully dilated. After about 3/4 hr of feeling I was never going to get the baby out,they gave me a small cut to prevent a huge tear and Grace Isabella was born at 4pm wighing 8lb 9.5oz.

I had opted for a physiological 3rd stage but there was still no sign of the placenta after 45mins and I was in a lot pain so asked them to give me syntometrine. Placenta was finally delivered but unfortunately there was a lot of blood behind it and I lost 1.5litres so had to be taken into hospital for observation overnight.

Am now home, feeling pretty weak and feeble but Grace is an absolute angel - very calm and placid and feeding well and has the prettiest fingers you've ever seen !! Dh and dd are being fab and I have managed a couple of hours sleep this afternoon while they looked after her.

kama Mon 21-Mar-05 19:02:24

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Mon 21-Mar-05 19:02:39

Message withdrawn

pupuce Mon 21-Mar-05 19:06:04

Congratulations Bonym, glad you had a water birth... bit scary at the end but hopefully you'll revover soon

SeaShells Mon 21-Mar-05 19:09:19

That's great news bonym, I've been thinking of you since you posted yesterday morning,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

popsycal Mon 21-Mar-05 20:11:34

cazzybabs Mon 21-Mar-05 20:21:50

A fine choice of name - my Grace is now 5 and half months old and is such an easy baby (am sure its the name and yours will be too!). AND Isabelle is the name of my first (she wishes she had been Isabella!)

fimblesfan Mon 21-Mar-05 20:23:12

CONGRATULATIONS

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 21-Mar-05 20:25:38

congrats to you all!

Gem13 Mon 21-Mar-05 20:27:30

Congratulations and welcome to Grace Isabella

Pinotmum Mon 21-Mar-05 20:39:02

What a beautiful name - welcome to the wolrd little lady and congratuation to you Bonym

mears Tue 22-Mar-05 09:21:36

Congratulations bonym. Welcome to Grace. Hope you have someone looking after you at home

misdee Tue 22-Mar-05 09:29:41

congratulations

beautiful name.

Hulababy Tue 22-Mar-05 09:30:28

Congratulations and welcome to Grace

Pidge Tue 22-Mar-05 10:07:18

BoneyM - have been waiting with baited breath for your news. Really excited to hear of Grace's arrival. Well done on the homebirth - what a fright to have to get taken in to hospital afterwards. Glad you're already home and being well looked after. Just take it easy and enjoy getting to know little Grace.

And WELL DONE!

Socci Tue 22-Mar-05 10:09:12

Message withdrawn

leander Tue 22-Mar-05 10:10:05

congratulations sounds wonderfull xx

Leogaela Tue 22-Mar-05 11:08:32

Fantastic! Well done! i am so happy for you that the home birth went so well (even if the final part may have been not so perfect)!

Welcome to Grace Isabella!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now