Talk

Advanced search

mum2jakeyroo has had a baby boy

(13 Posts)
mum2jakeyroo Sat 18-Oct-08 22:40:12

On Sunday 12th October I had a show in the afternoon, but it was ds2's 2nd birthday party. But nothing else happened till around 8.30 that night when contractions were coming every 10 - 12 mins for about 3 hours then everything stopped. Woke up at 5.30am to contractions every 10-12 mins again - rang gp's at 8am to come and collect dc (even if it was a false alarm I could rest!!). By 11am dc had gone but contractions had gone from 8 mins back to 12 mins. Me and dp went for a short walk to get some snacks. At 12.30 dp made me some dinner while I went back to bed for a bit. At 2.40 contractions were coming every 8 mins - I rang labour ward as we live 40 mins away from hospital but mw told me to leave it a bit as I was able to talk through a contraction. So off I went to have a bath. I got in the bath - couldn't stand it so rang labour ward again as pain was now unbearable and contractions were about every 6 mins. mw said to come in so at 3pm got in the car to do the journey. After about 20 mins of journey and dp speeding contractions were coming every 3-4mins. About 10 mins from the hospital I had the urge to push but tried not to. As we pulled into car park dp rang maternity ward asking for someone to come down as baby was coming, came round to my door where I pushed and dp stated "oh its only your waters, oh no theres the head" as he delivered our beautiful baby boy at 3.45pm. (He slipped into the footwell of the car) We wrapped him up and then the midwifery team appeared where baby was wrapped up and taken upstairs with dad while mw sorted me out. Taken to delivery room to get cleaned up and bf him etc. Baby weighed 7lb 2oz. Dad then stayed till very late and we both took turns to snuggle new baby.

Bleedodgy Sat 18-Oct-08 22:41:48

Congratulations and what a birth story! smile

bythepowerofgreyskull Sat 18-Oct-08 22:43:01

OOOOOh that has made me cry...
what a journey!

COngratulations on your little boy. smile

MatNanPlus Sat 18-Oct-08 22:43:59

Many Congratulations.

ladymac Sat 18-Oct-08 22:45:30

Congratulations. What a wonderful birth story.

Niecie Sat 18-Oct-08 22:46:42

Well done! What a story - have you and your DP recovered yet?

Congratulations on your new baby boysmile

Do you have name for him?

lauraloola Sat 18-Oct-08 22:51:33

Wow! Congratulations x What a great story to tell him when hes older smile

bateeha24 Sat 18-Oct-08 23:08:33

congratulations to you and your dp and a warm welcome to your new baby boy . its a beautiful birth story .

mum2jakeyroo Sun 19-Oct-08 07:55:06

Yes his name is Joshua. The funny thing is I look back and see it as the best birth experience of my 3 dc. I was induced with other 2 and dp was basically kicked out of hospital as soon as ds1 was sorted. With ds2 we had a bit longer but only because we had to stay in labour room as baby was not reaching temp. This time despite the dramatic entrance once inside mlu they were great. And we didn't have visitors due to me being in shock after giving birth so quick and it was just so nice for it just to be me, dp and Joshua till late that night and the following day.

QwertyQueen Sun 19-Oct-08 08:04:11

congratulations! such a lovely story

loulou33 Sun 19-Oct-08 15:13:33

Congratulations and a beautiful birth story - i thought things like that only happened on the TV!!

hedgepig Sun 19-Oct-08 15:51:20

congratulations, what a super story.

Lozza70 Mon 20-Oct-08 12:25:00

Congratulations and welcome to baby Joshua! What a story to tell him when he is older. Hope you have recovered from the speed of the arrival.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now