Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

07MUMSTHEWORD has had a baby girl

(10 Posts)
07mumstheword Sat 11-Oct-08 15:22:26

Freya Mae was born on Weds 8th October 2008 at 12.08pm weighing 7lb 12oz. grin

Thanks to those Mumsnetters who were there for help and advice on those early contractions.....it was the real thing wink

The contractions got stronger and longer through Tues night until 5am I rang the hospital who told me to go in. After having a shower and waiting for my mum to arrive to look after DD we got to hospital just after 7am and by the time the examined me they said I was 4-5 cms dilated. Active labout started around 8.30am and I managed on Gas & Air for a while then I had some pethadine to take the edge off. Freya was born at 12.08pm and very healthy grin

Unfortunatley I was unable to deliver the placenta (which did happen after last labour) so after a lot of pulling and pushing it was decided that I had to have surgery to remove it sad so I had to have a spinal (which is different to an epidural) and have it removed. That was a very unpleasant experience but necessary before I lost too much blood.

They didn't have a bed for me on the ward afterwards so I had to wait until 10.30pm for them to move me from the delivery suite. DH had gone home by 6pm to look after DD and my Mum had popped in until 8pm so I was feeling a bit lonely and just wanted to settle into a bed as had been up for over 36 hours with the trauma of labour inbetween!

On the ward they kept asking me to feed Freya so I didn't get much rest. I was allowed out of hospital by lunch time on the Thurs so we were home just after 24 hours after our beautiful daughter was born grin

Me, DH, and our two DD's are very happy. I am recovering extremely well from the surgery and as I didn't get pre-eclampsia during this PG (I did with DD1) I seem to be doing so much better this time but then I suppose that has a lot to do with this not being as scary as first time round. wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin

lauraloola Sat 11-Oct-08 15:34:55

Congratulations x Lovely name x

PestoFangsLookGoodOnMeMonster Sat 11-Oct-08 15:37:49

Well Done!

<<opens bottle of Moet>>

bateeha24 Sat 11-Oct-08 16:29:36

congratulations on the birth of freya mae hope that you will recover soon the main thing is that your all ok and happy

mibbes Sat 11-Oct-08 19:26:02

fabulous news mtw, sounds like you had a pretty perfect birth until the placenta bit, did they try the injection to get it out ? We were learning about the 3rd stage at nct last week so am interested to know. You sound so happy now, hope you are enjoying getting to know wee Freya, congratulations x x

EisGotASeveredHeadinherHandbag Sat 11-Oct-08 19:49:54

MTW im so happy for you that you had a lovely birth and you are feeling better this time aroundsmile
beautiful namegrin
congrats to you and your DHsmile
xx ei xx

digitalgirl Sat 11-Oct-08 20:03:12

Huge congratulations MTW and welcome little Freya!! Glad to hear you're both doing well.
DG x (your old ttc buddy, sitting here BFing DS who's 6 weeks tomorrow)

MrsHappy Sat 11-Oct-08 22:20:10

Well done! I'm really really pleased for you and glad that you're recovering well.
Give Freya a kiss from her cyber aunty smile

sweetkitty Sat 11-Oct-08 22:25:04

congratulations 07MTW and welcome to little Freya

I remember you from the ttc threads too, my DD3 is 12 weeks now too

PicknMix Sun 12-Oct-08 10:45:40

Wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS again to you!!

Am v grin for you, although sorry to hear about the necessary surgery at the end, and the fact that you were left so long without a bed shock

Still, you're home now and all are well! Give Freya a little kiss from another cyber auntie!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now