Talk

Advanced search

Myjobismum just doubled her workload :)

(20 Posts)
myjobismum Thu 02-Oct-08 17:35:04

Naomi Caitlin arrived on the 21st september at 1.18 in the morning, 2 weeks early, after a fast a furious labour!

It was by far the scariest thing that has happened to me in my whole life!!! At 10pm my waters broke all over the kitchen floor in a rather messy and dramatic way (thank goodness for the tiled floor!!!) - however was having no other signs or pains of labour so shoved a big bath towel between my legs and carried on wet, but normal grin at about 10.45 i had some mild period type pains so DH dropped DS off to the baby sitters - when he got back at 11.05 he found me in the bath contracting big style and my Dsis trying to time - but was impossible as were all over the place (coming between 1 and 4 minutes apart)

After getting out of the bath, i rang the hopsital, only to be told they were "closed" due to shortage of midwives and that i would have to go eleswhere (2 other hospitals within 30mins or so drive so not to scary) however she then called me back to say one of those was also closed shock and was still trying to contact the other one - this is when things started getting scary!

So with no hospital in which to deliver, and after and hour of contractions, they were strong and very painful coming every 2 minutes and i was just about coping! it was now 12.05 and i was told to call back in 30 minutes to see what was happening - we never got that far!!!!! at 12.25 DH phoned up and told them the contractions were piling on top of each other and there was no way i was in a state to travel anywhere but the nearest hospital!!!! they said to come in!!!

Getting to the car was agony, I was very frightened by this point that we would not make it to the hospital at all!! We arrived at 12.50am and before i was even seen/checked by a midwife i was pushing (and panicking big style) the midwife came and checked me at 1.10am and Naomi was born 8 mintues later naturally and without any pain relief with the support of my wonderful DH and Dsis who were in awe of our little princess coming into the world!

So rather dramatic, fast and all a bit scary, but still a wonderful experience all the same!

My beautiful daughter weighed in at a tiny 5lb10oz and is well - we were discharged from the hospital the next day and all is going great!

Seems like a lifetime ago now though and cannot imagine myself being anything but a mummy of 2 grin

katylou25 Thu 02-Oct-08 18:27:30

Ah congratulations! A fab (if a little bit scary birth story!)

littlelapin Thu 02-Oct-08 18:29:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Saturn74 Thu 02-Oct-08 18:30:00

Wow!
shock at hospitals being closed.
You were very brave!
Congratulations on the arrival of Naomi Caitlin - beautiful names too. smile

sockmonkey Thu 02-Oct-08 18:31:28

Congrats. Scarey though.

Lozza70 Thu 02-Oct-08 22:11:47

myjobismum what a birth story!! shock Sounds like you coped really well. I would have been beside myself to be told the hospital was closed. Congrats on the arrival of your wee girl. I'm on the Oct thread with you.

myjobismum Fri 03-Oct-08 10:19:34

thanks ladies smile

ronshar Fri 03-Oct-08 10:23:27

Fantastic story Myjobismum.
Naomi is beautiful.
I just hope mine is as quick, without the hospital drama!

Next time go for the home birth, you should be fabgrin

plusonemore Fri 03-Oct-08 10:31:26

aaah congrats! Love your piccies of both kiddies together. Think my ds is about the same age as yours, cant wait to see him with our baby!

Please tell me you dont live in worcester- i dont want to be told its closed!!!

HumphreysCorner Fri 03-Oct-08 11:09:06

Congratulations MJIM-tis bringing tears to my eyes reading the announcement in a nice way of course. So pleased for you all. smile

Take care and enjoy!

HC
x

Sazisi Fri 03-Oct-08 11:13:14

Oh wow, congratulations

<am I the only one who always wells up at birth stories blush>

lauraloola Fri 03-Oct-08 11:25:19

Brilliant story, I love a bit of drama! Congratulations to you and your family x

ChocolateEclair Fri 03-Oct-08 16:20:05

Awwww myjob - I'm crying my eyes out! Bless you!

A truly lovely story....although very very scary (shouldn't read birth stories as a first timer!)

Love to you and Naomi. She's gorgeous xxxxxx

jenwa Fri 03-Oct-08 17:15:29

Wow, what a nice and quick delivery all be it stressful. I bet the MW's were very pleased you managed quickly due to their shortage of staff wink

Keep updating us on the oct thread until one for postnatel occurs.

Glad all well though smile

Emmsy1 Sat 04-Oct-08 05:34:39

well done myjob a big congratulations. I think that it's terrible that you had to go through all the 'go else where' malarky, when you were so near to giving birth.sad that it will probably take a few deaths of newborns before the NHS change their policy, it really angers me, no woman should be told to go else where at such a crucial stage X

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sat 04-Oct-08 13:49:16

wow congratulations but oooooooo scarey stuff!

loulou33 Sun 05-Oct-08 13:21:26

Congrats myjob - sounds very fast and scary but you did well to cope with all that NHS messing about. Hope you're settling in ok at home xx

caramelbunny Thu 09-Oct-08 09:38:55

Congratulations. A pretty dramatic and scary story but glad all worked out well.

Cosmogirl Thu 09-Oct-08 15:09:08

Hi Myjob,

Don't know if you remember me from many moons ago but congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Such a dramatic story but sounds like you coped amazingly well.

I'm no longer waiting to ttc, am 15 weeks pregnant, due March 31st. Have had really bad morning sickness though, so haven't had much chance to enjoy pregnancy yet! Hopefully it will pass soon.

Anyway, congrats again and enjoy your son and daughter x

myjobismum Fri 10-Oct-08 10:36:33

oh cosmo of course i remember you grin and what fantastic news smile hope the sickness settles soon and you enjoy your pregnancy no end!

the thread i started all that time ago is still running strong (we go by the name of "bonkers anonymous" and are a mix of TTC'ers, pregnant ladies, birthed and people waiting to ttc) would be lovely to have you back there for general chat at any time smile - after all you were an original bonker "many moons ago!" lol

Thanks for the congrats from you all, things are going well here, it is hectic and tiring but i am loving every moment - feel truly blessed by my family.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: