Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

warthog's dd2 is here!

(9 Posts)
warthog Tue 26-Aug-08 12:10:20

quite easy all in all...

started contractions at about 8:30 in evening. went into hospital at 11. they measured me at 12:30 and said i wasn't even in labour yet! pah! said i should go home!!

thank goodness she relented and let me stay an hour to 'see how things progress'. by 1:45 i was 5 cms and after 2 really bad contractions at 2:30 i felt the need to push. didn't even have time to get on the bed so dd2 was born standing up, with only 2 pushes. took about 10 seconds, thank god, because it was rather painful.

so active labour only 2 hours, and there wasn't time for an epidural which i was determined to have. in retrospect, it was fine not to have one. you forget the pain quite quickly really.

baby is GORGEOUS, a bit like john travolta, and is feeding well.

cyteen Tue 26-Aug-08 12:11:50

Congratulations warthog, sounds like a dream labour in many respects! Am lol'ing at your John Travolta comment grin Have you got a name picked out yet?

cheerfulvicky Tue 26-Aug-08 12:21:04

Congratulations! Please post pics as I'm dying to see this John Travolta-ese baby He sounds lovely.
Wonderful birth story too, lucky you!

merryberry Tue 26-Aug-08 13:20:17

congratulations! hope you're walking round singing 'she's the one that i want, oo oo oo baby' then

JackieNo Tue 26-Aug-08 13:26:12

Huge congratulationsgrin. Love the John Travolta commentgrin. We definitely need photos, I reckon...

Lio Tue 26-Aug-08 13:29:08

Hoorah, delightful news, Warthog. So glad you had a good birth experience to make up for last time.

warthog Wed 27-Aug-08 02:19:00

thanks all! gosh these newborns sleep at funny times.

nappyaddict Wed 27-Aug-08 02:52:51

name? pics?

Lio Wed 27-Aug-08 20:46:07

Actually I know her names and they are very lovely; are you telling, Warthog?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now