Talk

Advanced search

warthog's dd2 is here!

(9 Posts)
warthog Tue 26-Aug-08 12:10:20

quite easy all in all...

started contractions at about 8:30 in evening. went into hospital at 11. they measured me at 12:30 and said i wasn't even in labour yet! pah! said i should go home!!

thank goodness she relented and let me stay an hour to 'see how things progress'. by 1:45 i was 5 cms and after 2 really bad contractions at 2:30 i felt the need to push. didn't even have time to get on the bed so dd2 was born standing up, with only 2 pushes. took about 10 seconds, thank god, because it was rather painful.

so active labour only 2 hours, and there wasn't time for an epidural which i was determined to have. in retrospect, it was fine not to have one. you forget the pain quite quickly really.

baby is GORGEOUS, a bit like john travolta, and is feeding well.

cyteen Tue 26-Aug-08 12:11:50

Congratulations warthog, sounds like a dream labour in many respects! Am lol'ing at your John Travolta comment grin Have you got a name picked out yet?

cheerfulvicky Tue 26-Aug-08 12:21:04

Congratulations! Please post pics as I'm dying to see this John Travolta-ese baby He sounds lovely.
Wonderful birth story too, lucky you!

merryberry Tue 26-Aug-08 13:20:17

congratulations! hope you're walking round singing 'she's the one that i want, oo oo oo baby' then

JackieNo Tue 26-Aug-08 13:26:12

Huge congratulationsgrin. Love the John Travolta commentgrin. We definitely need photos, I reckon...

Lio Tue 26-Aug-08 13:29:08

Hoorah, delightful news, Warthog. So glad you had a good birth experience to make up for last time.

warthog Wed 27-Aug-08 02:19:00

thanks all! gosh these newborns sleep at funny times.

nappyaddict Wed 27-Aug-08 02:52:51

name? pics?

Lio Wed 27-Aug-08 20:46:07

Actually I know her names and they are very lovely; are you telling, Warthog?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: