Talk

Advanced search

jules finally becomes a mum [happy emotion]

(77 Posts)
justjules Mon 11-Aug-08 18:29:58

my beautiful dd finally arrived safe and sound on the 9th july weighing 7lb exactly, smile

life has been pretty hectic since hence the late birth announcement,

as some of you may know i have suffered 3 miscarriages over the last year and there were times when i doubted i would ever be writing this message,

so... (its a long one) grin

after a difficult pregnancy full of stress and worry, lots of bleeding and extra scans, a daily dose of painful injections and more doctors appointments than i care to mention ELEANOR HOPE finally arrived by emergency section after a 10 day stay in hospital due to preeclampsia,

i was taken in at 35 weeks with high bp, protein and swelling to be monitored, they gave me tablets and steroids to help strengthen her lungs and at 37 weeks when things got too much they took me to theatre for my section,

the hospital were great, all the midwives, doctors and health care assistants were amazing, even the tea lady gets a mention grin

at times it was like a holiday wink the 3 course meals, 3 times a day, served hot and to my bedside were suprisingly tasty (i could get used to that) and the other ladies i was sharing a ward with were lovely making the stay easier than you would expect,

the section was far from what i wanted but to be honest i would have done anything required to get her here safely, the first day i was in shock (and dosed up on morphine), day two i was in lots of pain and by day three i was just about starting to believe she was mine for keeps smile

she is beautiful, sometimes i just sit and stare at her, she is such a chilled out baby, she is so content and she hardly ever cries <<i know this will probably change>> wink

dp has been wonderful, he is brilliant with her and has been a rock for me, he has done more than his fair share and as expected she is 'daddys girl' already smile

breast feeding is tough, the first few days i could have cried, i had so little milk until about day 4, i was squeezing tiny drops into a syringe for her, it has got better partly though determination on my side and partly with help from some wonderful mumsnetters, so thankyou to all that offered advice smile

the pain of loosing the others will never go away, especially my tiny ds, this time last year life was very dark, full of sadness and grief, i never imagined for one minute, just 12 months later i would be typing this,

so (well done for getting this far) it was all worth it...

dd has made my whole world a much brighter place, she has mended so many of the scars i never thought possible, she is her own little person already and i look forward to a lifetime full of happiness and laughter as i watch her grow smile

and finally...

a huge big thankyou to everyone here who helped me get though this pregnancy (special message to the ladies on knicker checkers) and to everyone who helped me though my miscarriges (special mention to the ladies on the ttc after m/c thread) mumsnet really has been a life line to me over the last 2 years smile

Ledodgy Mon 11-Aug-08 18:32:22

Oh my word she is gorgeous!! I'm so very, very happy for you both even more so given everything you have been through to get here. smile

RubySlippers Mon 11-Aug-08 18:34:55

many, many congratualtions!

smile

QuintessentialShadows Mon 11-Aug-08 18:35:24

Awww she is beautiful!

You just made my eyes water. So happy for you!

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 11-Aug-08 18:35:26

I am so happy for you. I have seen some of your previous posts before, and I'm so pleased Eleanor Rose arrived safely

YeahBut Mon 11-Aug-08 18:36:21

Congratulations!

justjules Mon 11-Aug-08 18:36:25

eleanor HOPE elf, HOPE not rose... grin

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 11-Aug-08 18:36:52

She's a little cutie pie as well!

Dalrymps Mon 11-Aug-08 18:37:01

She is beautiful, congratulations! grin

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 11-Aug-08 18:37:57

Jesus, where is my brain today!! I read the name and thought Hope was a very apt and lovely middle name!!
Sorry, sorry. Mind a boggle with a thread the other week about middle names of Rose, just ignore me grin

KashaSarrasin Mon 11-Aug-08 18:38:08

Yay Jules - Congratulations! (I know I've already congratulated you but it's so great it's worth doing again!)

I too know how much a difficult pg after miscarriages sucks - but it makes the joy of holding your little one all the sweeter, even though you will never forget the babies you've lost

May your journey through motherhood be wonderful and fulfilling grin!

Lcy Mon 11-Aug-08 18:39:18

Congratulations Jules - i am so pleased for you xxx

brimfull Mon 11-Aug-08 18:39:26

scrummy baby!

congratulations and welcome to Eleanor Hope!

twoGsinBuggerOff Mon 11-Aug-08 18:39:51

grin

so wonderful to hear such happiness - congratulations indeed.

good day to have a baby, my ds2 is a 9th july baby, same as my db. watch out for singleminded determination and comical mood-turnarounds (if you believe in astrology that is wink)

LackaDAISYcal Mon 11-Aug-08 18:40:20

grin

There aren't enough words to say how happy I am for you and DH jules grin.

And, she is very like my DD at that age....so that she is gorgeous goes without saying really wink

Enjoy smile

LackaDAISYcal Mon 11-Aug-08 18:41:14

<hijack> Lcy, how are you? not long now?

justjules Mon 11-Aug-08 18:41:22

kasha, your little boy is so cute, just checked your profile, how is he doing?

lcy, you must be due soon too?

justjules Mon 11-Aug-08 18:42:51

singleminded determination and comical mood-turnarounds grin

cant wait...

twoGsinBuggerOff Mon 11-Aug-08 18:44:29

grin lol
also extreme affection and loyalty coupled with an ability to entertain themselves for hours in fantasyland ... its all good!

NorthernLurker Mon 11-Aug-08 18:44:29

Congratulations. She is utterly adorable and obviously a very lucky little girl to have two such strong and wonderful parents. Eleanor is a great name to go through life with as well wink grin

orangehead Mon 11-Aug-08 18:47:19

oh she is lovely. Congrats I am so pleased for you. You have just made me cry. I too have had 3 mc then two every traumatic pregancies with my two lovely boys (lots of scares, bleeding,c setion etc). They dont half know how to worry you, but they are worth it. Congrats again

cece Mon 11-Aug-08 18:54:42

Congratulatons she is perfect and so is her name . smile

OracleInaCoracle Mon 11-Aug-08 18:54:57

jules, im so happy for you my love x

biglips Mon 11-Aug-08 18:58:19

awww...i feel all soppy now!....Many congrats and welcome to Eleanor Hope. grin

Califrau Mon 11-Aug-08 18:58:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now