Talk

Advanced search

Babymad's "little bundle of love" is here!

(18 Posts)
BabyMadandBIGbump Mon 13-Aug-07 15:29:52

Hi ladies I just want to share with you my birth story and introduce my baby to all !

Monday I had a lavender bath about 2ish and went for a nap woke up about 6ish, sat up and there was water on the bed but I thought at the time from the bath water, baby was late so DH and I thought sex would be a great way to see if we couldn't get this baby moving. Went to bed a few hours later but I could not sleep nodded off about 12.45 ish, I woke up to a little "pain" at about 1.20 had a look at my phone made a note of the time nipped for a wee, and my knickers were a little wet like earlier on, I thought maybe my water's for a min, then I just put that down to how hot it was that night could just be sweat. Got back in bad had another pain 8 mins later, and another, another 6-8 mins later, came down stairs thinking no way but I'll time them and see, sitting there on my birthing ball, had a few more then needed the loo got up had another contraction straight from getting up only 4 mins later from the last contraction and felt like I REALLY needed the loo, I thought "oh this really is it better phone the hospital". I spoke to someone at the hospital this was about 10 past 3ish and they said they were sending a midwife to me, the next two contraction died off I thought typical phone the hospital/midwife and it all goes, then I thought DH might of heard the phone better let him know what's cracking off, I got up the stairs and had one hell of a contraction I thought thank god for that, went into the bedroom DH said "you okay" I said "midwife is coming out" he said "you in labour" I said "hang on" (another contraction started) he had the biggest grin on his face, I said "you can put that grin away right now" he got up got dress, I was then sorting stuff out (as you do, hovering at 3-4 in the morning) waiting for the MW's. The MW's came at just after 4am, at about half 4 they checked to see how far along I was, I was 4cm and MW did a sweep. After that I went to the loo and had lots of watery, egg white CM with blood, the contractions by this point were really horrid and getting what I thought unbearable (as they got a hell of alot worse. I laboured 98% on the birthing ball, which as helping the baby move down quicker, the back pressure was unbelievable but I can see how it helped things along quicker though. At about 7.50ish they saw a change in me (started crying get this baby out) and the MW asked if I needed to push, I thought in my head I think so but if not I don't care I bloody want this baby out its coming now weather ready or not" so to speak, so I quickly got off the ball bent over the settee and started pushing for life (mine you I don't think that helped my rug as I had one midwife at the loo herself and the other trying to put things on the floor between my legs, I think it's safe to say I count them off guard, I pushed her out within 5mins, When she was born I balled my eyes out, thanking god that the pain was all over!

My beautiful little girl 9lb 1oz born at 8.00 am 07/08/07, I still cant be I have alittle girl but she is wonderful, and turning out to be such a good baby!

I had a Home birth which was good but I wished I had tried some birthing positions out before hand, I had it in my head I'll be in a sitting position and that was that's, but I had such bad backache and pressure in my lower back that there was no way I could sit unless it was on my birthing ball, in the end I had her bent over the settee, which was so comfortable. Between contractions I was worried about how much mess there might be (and there was a hell of alot the rug got some of it, but has came all out Thank god) where as at a hospital you don't care do you?! The placenta wouldn't come away completely and I was still in so much pain and I had NO energy what so ever (pushed her out in less than 5 mins) to push the dam placenta out, they kept asking me to cough (to help the placenta along) but found that near imposable but we got there in the end, they was alittle concerned about the fact I didn't want to see her or hold her, but I just wanted to be left alone for 10 mins, I didn't want a chat, to be touched, I felt shell shocked, I wanted just to be left completely alone, anyway she was more than happy with her daddy, they was also concerned about how white I went and how silent I was (being up for 2 nights running, labour and birth will do that to you, and looking back it was pretty quick, even though at the time I felt it was dragging) but having had no pain relief of any kind, I felt it all, the whole thing, labour, birth, every single pain and I felt shell shocked. but once I was cleaned up and the mess was cleaned up and I had that 5 mins to myself, I wanted my baby and I've not put her down since and it was so lovely to have her while her brother's (2) were sleeping in bad she woke them up when she cried when she had her vit K. DH went and got them and they said "the baby is here isn't it?" both with big grin's DH told me, they asked weather baby was a girl or boy and DH said come and see for yourselves, there face's lit up when they saw they had a little sister!

I have my bundle of joy "my little love" as I call her, a sister for my 2 beautiful son's, DH and I feel our family is complete!

I have pic's!

Babymadxx

emj23 Mon 13-Aug-07 15:49:36

How lovely, congratulations to you!

MrsMcJnr Mon 13-Aug-07 16:50:57

Babymad thanks for sharing all of that with us hon. Did you have an injection to deliver the placenta or did you do it yourself? Did you end up with any stitches? Does your Mum know you’ve had a baby girl? xxxx

yogimum Mon 13-Aug-07 16:54:46

what a fab story, congrats and welcome to your baby girl.

mad4girls Mon 13-Aug-07 22:04:00

huuuuge congratulations sweety, im sooo pleased for you, hope your all well

all my love m4g

bananabump Mon 13-Aug-07 22:13:31

Hi babymad, great big hugs from me, you did ever so well! Thanks for sharing your birth story. Connie is just beautiful, in one of her pictures from day two she looks like a female version of James, so adorable.

I so know what you mean about feeling shell shocked from the pain (I didn't really want to say that in my birth story as I posted it on the antenatal thread and there's no point in scaring people as it may never happen!) I really had a hard time dealing with the birth in the two days afterwards, when I slept I had nightmares about it, and everytime I thought about it I would start to cry. It was simply the most violent and traumatic thing that has ever happened to me, and I was so underprepared emotionally for it.

I'm alright now obviously, both mentally and physically, it's amazing how quickly the memory of the pain fades, but at the time it's really very shocking. (And that's WITH gas n air, god knows how you did it without, you hard bastard!) LOL

So how are you feeling now?

hertsnessex Mon 13-Aug-07 22:17:29

how wonderful! that great, well done to you.

cx

BabyMadandBIGbump Tue 14-Aug-07 12:27:59

Thanks Ladies!

MrsMc yes it turned out that I did delivered the placenta myself, no stitches even though Connie tried to be delivered with her hand in the mouth and MW's were pretty shocked that I need no stitches too! yes we texted my mother to let her know, she sent I pretty nice text back (we'll see)!

bananabump yes it is a amazing how quickly the memories fades but keeping a mental note "never again". I think I'm getting there both mentally and physically still feeling alittle teary at times hoping that will past, it helps that Connie is such a good baby!

Thanks M4G's

Babymadxx

bresha Tue 14-Aug-07 13:34:26

Congratulations!!

No pain relief of any kind well done you
Those pic's are lovely,you must be over the moon
bresha xxx

greedygreedyguzzler Tue 14-Aug-07 16:13:30

babymad - you made me cry!!!! i LOVE the fact that your ds's got woken up by her crying! what a lovely story!

Such a great Birth Story babymad
CONGRATULATIONS

Bodkin Wed 15-Aug-07 12:15:24

Just to say congratulations to you on here as well and what a great birth story. Your DSs must have been so chuffed. xx

firststar Thu 16-Aug-07 16:27:37

Message withdrawn

peachygirl Thu 16-Aug-07 21:29:59

congratulations babymad

Loulee Fri 17-Aug-07 20:48:01

congratulations babymad - what a lovely name

FlossALump Fri 17-Aug-07 22:30:45

Congratulations BabyMad. Remember you from the TTC boards. Really delighted for you.

trace2 Wed 19-Sep-07 14:44:45

hi baby mad sorry its late at saying congrats to you and wow what a size grin

NotAnOtter Wed 19-Sep-07 14:51:42

well done you brave thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now