Talk

Advanced search

Help wording an invitation

(8 Posts)
MrsBadCrumblesClarinet Sat 13-Jul-19 20:45:30

Wasn't quite sure where to put this but I'd like some advice in wording for a request for charitable donations in lieu of gifts for a naming ceremony. I'm terrible with wording and I don't want it to sound too "up herself" IYKWIM.

This is what I have so far:

We would be honoured to have you present to celebrate DD’s arrival and no gifts are necessary as we have all we could want in our happy, healthy family of four.

If you would like to give a gift, please consider making a donation to a charity that helps those not as fortunate as us.

I thought about including some example charities but I think that should be up to the individual. Of course we don't mind if people don't make a donation just don't want to end up with millions of money boxes again!

MrsBadCrumblesClarinet Sat 13-Jul-19 20:46:20

Sorry about the lack of quotation marks. Formatting fail!

Anoushka1986 Sun 14-Jul-19 23:23:05

I think it's perfect

GreenTulips Sun 14-Jul-19 23:35:51

*We would be honoured to have your presence to celebrate DD’s arrival.

Gifts are unnecessary as we have all we could want in our happy, healthy family of four.

If you would like to give a gift, please consider making a donation to a charity that helps those less fortunate than ourselves.

Pipandmum Sun 14-Jul-19 23:50:56

Id just have a line at the bottom: in lieu of gifts please make a donation to your chosen charity

PurpleDaisies Sun 14-Jul-19 23:55:52

We would be honoured to have you present to celebrate DD’s arrival and no gifts are necessary as we have all we could want in our happy, healthy family of four.

If you would like to give a gift, please consider making a donation to a charity that helps those not as fortunate as us.

I absolutely hate this-really, really smug. Just stop at “no gifts are necessary” and don’t put the bit about helping people not as fortunate as you.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 15-Jul-19 00:02:02

I'd go for presence not presents and I'd dump the "less fortunate than us" line totally. That's the line that. Ake you sound a bit 🙄

MrsBadCrumblesClarinet Wed 17-Jul-19 15:05:06

Thanks all! Will cut out the smug bits!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »