Talk

Advanced search

How to go to events and not mention your expecting

(5 Posts)
Storm11 Wed 05-Jun-19 21:14:05

I have not long found out I'm expecting. It's still very early as I am 6 weeks and I don't really want to tell my friends until after the 12 week scan.

We have some events coming up e.g birthdays, going to theme parks and things like really.

How did you still attend events without telling people why you can not drink or you can't do certain things?

Thanks in advance.

DeadDoorpost Wed 05-Jun-19 21:16:05

Travel sickness, general sickness, just didn't want to do it. Also had uni work i was completing which helped with first pregnancy.

I don't drink anyway so that wasn't a problem, but I also had/have Hyperemesis so this pregnancy just told people from 8 weeks that I was pregnant as I wouldn't be able to hide it with no meds.

Mamamere Wed 05-Jun-19 21:21:33

On anti-biotics for gum or water infection...?

OhioOhioOhio Wed 05-Jun-19 21:23:19

Your turn to drive.

BitchyArriver Wed 05-Jun-19 21:32:29

We had a lady guest in my work today (a bar) that came up to order at the bar while everyone else had ordered at the table. She asked for a fizzy water with ice and lime but asked us to say it was a G+T when we took it to the table.

It’s really common in bars, particularly with women of child bearing age!! grin. Just ask the staff and they will help you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »