Talk

Advanced search

When did you tell your BFP

(8 Posts)
saltandvinegar1 Sun 19-May-19 08:56:56

Hello everyone. I've know I'm expecting for a week now. Which makes me 5 weeks from last mensural cycle. Was wondering when you told your family or in-laws.
Thank you in advance

ryanreynolds Sun 19-May-19 08:58:46

I told no one but DH until after the 12 W scan - had losses before so wanted to get to that point before telling people.

NapsAndTea Sun 19-May-19 13:15:55

We told some people straight away as we'd been through IVF so people knew it was coming! Not everyone knows yet even though we've had two scans with a good heartbeat (I'm 8+2) x

Chanel05 Tue 28-May-19 18:23:24

I told a couple of very close family at 7 weeks having had a strong heartbeat in a scan a few days before hand. Then I had a mmc at 8+1. For me, I'd be reluctant to tell anyone again till post 12 week scan.

qj17 Tue 28-May-19 18:26:10

We had a private scan at 9 weeks and told them on Xmas eve smile

Hmmmbop Wed 12-Jun-19 00:02:31

13 weeks with DS. With DD I told a couple of close friends when I was 5 weeks but didn't tell anyone else until 18 weeks.

Ivestoppedreadingthenews Wed 12-Jun-19 00:10:11

My friends new before I tested. Had lots of miscarriages, infertility and so pretty open with close friends. Family at 6-7 weeks. Most of my friends have also told me very early or before they knew for sure. I’ve never really understood why people keep it a secret. Early pregnancy is the worst and miscarriages are awful awful things. Why would you want to go through that alone if the worst should happen. It’s almost like some bizarre concern about tempting fate..anyway each to their own.

Dawn99 Wed 25-Sep-19 15:57:06

I’m 9+1 on my second (dp’s First) child. I’ve had two scans (at 6 weeks and 8 weeks) and all looks good. We plan on telling my son tomorrow and both sets of parents at the weekend. In some ways it’s early but if the worst was to happen we would want them to know any way and be there to support us.
We’ll tell our siblings and close friends in the next few weeks. Exciting times 🎉

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »