Talk

Advanced search

Finding out I'm pregnant at 35 weeks

(4 Posts)
sam659 Thu 25-Apr-19 09:51:15

Hi, I only found out I'm pregnant three weeks ago due to no visible bump or what I considered as symptoms. I'm 38 weeks atm. I never thought this could be me as I was always skeptical of these stories and thought how could you not know. My anxiety is thought the roof as I've taking no pre natal vitamins and I've been drinking alcohol almost the entire pregnancy. I've probably drink a bottle of wine every Saturday night. I'm terrified I've caused Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. All is measured correctly on my scan but I'm still up the walls. Can anyone offer advice please

Louise190 Sat 27-Apr-19 22:46:06

Hey!
I can't offer you advice because I have not been in this situation and I am only TTC #1. However I will say, try and take some solace in that you found out before baby was born so you have at least some time to come round to the idea and get prepared! Easier said than done but try not to stress as it will only do you and baby harm. Unless the doctors are concerned, I wouldn't worry (again, easier said than done, I know!)
Sending you all the well wishes!! X

Pizzachicken Sat 27-Apr-19 22:55:03

I'm no doctor but to my understanding you'd need to have drunk more than that to seriously harm your baby. Try not to worry (easier said than done, I know) and concentrate on doing all that you can now to prepare yourself.

I once taught a child who had ongoing issues as a result of his mother drinking and his mother was a raging alcoholic. I also know someone who only realised she was pregnant when her "appendicitis" symptoms escalated to a head coming out of her vagina. She was a low level binge drinker - think university student - and her son is just fine.

Try to keep calm thanks

fluffyjumper Sun 02-Jun-19 20:49:53

Congratulations, try and keep positive and gain support from as many people as you can.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »