Talk

Advanced search

theprecious and thepreciousboy arrived (7/7/7 baby)

(11 Posts)
theprecious Wed 11-Jul-07 19:41:03

A hypnobirthing triumph - even though I had a C section.

Thursday 1am my waters break. After much to-ing and fro-ing I go to St Thomas' to be induced by drip on Friday evening. Much faff happens. They examined me and I am 1cm dilated. They start the drip (and I HATE needles) at 2am. I am hooked up to a drip and a monitor.

I am OK or two hours and DH and I sleep. About 4am the contractions all get a bit much so we start the hypnobirthing scripts etc. DH is marvelous.

Examined again at 8am and am 2cms! OOOOO party - not. Contractions are hard but we are keeping with the HB and it's working well. Our midwife has been great but she changes. New midwife is also really nice. Result.

Next examination is at 2pm. 12pm- 2pm is hell. I try the gas and air but it doesn't work quickly enough. I am really really going through it. The midwife is impressed I have managed thus far drug free. DH and I discuss options. If I haven't dilated any more then I have to stop, 4-6 cms dilation and we'll see, 8cms dilation = party time!

2pm crawls around. Next examination. I am still 2cms dilated. GUTTED! All that agony for nothing.

Midwife goes to speak to the doctor, DH and I chat. Do I go straight to C-section or have an epidural and see how it goes?

Registrar doctor comes in, with the C-section form already filled in! I sign it, DH wells up a bit on my behalf but I am pleased that I tried my hardest but nothing was doing.

C-Section happens about 20mins later! They give me thepreciousboy almost straight away and DH is there with me. Thepreciousboy hadn't even moved down onto my cervix, there was no way he was coming out any time soon.

We go into the recovery room and bond with our lovely baby! He's so lovely! My sisters come and see us, which was really nice. My midwives come and see us, (boast) they say they have never seen anyone do 12 hours on syntocin drip without pain relief - they were amazed.

Home and happy. Now I will stop bugging Lulumama and move on to breastfeeding threads - oooo my swollen titties.

hippmummy Wed 11-Jul-07 19:43:23

Congratulations and welcome to your preciousboy!

What a lovely lucky date of birth x

babalon Wed 11-Jul-07 20:21:20

Very well Done, hypnobirthings sounds fab as does your pain threshold and you Dhs support.

Enjoy your tiny boy

Any name or weights??

theprecious Wed 11-Jul-07 20:32:10

8lbs 1oz and it IS a dog's name: woof!

spudmasher Wed 11-Jul-07 20:34:27

Well done! Many congratulations!
You sound over the moon!

lulumama Wed 11-Jul-07 20:35:17

well done, and welcome to rufus!

much respect for taking that synto with no pain relief !

glad to hear of your little boy's safe arrival, and glad that is was a positive experience for you xxxxxx

thomcat Wed 11-Jul-07 20:37:11

Congrats. What a great birthdate

JemimaPip Wed 11-Jul-07 20:39:52

Congratulations - a lovely story and FWIW I think Rufus is a truly fab name. DS has it as a middle name and I so wish I'd ignored the miserable lot who didn't like it.

3andnomore Wed 11-Jul-07 20:46:42

Congratulations.
One of my friends also had a little Babyboy on 07/07/07....!
Well done on coping so well wiht everything.
Enjoy your Babymoon.

twoplusone Wed 11-Jul-07 22:21:32

Congratulations. Great birth story.

daisyandbabybootoo Thu 12-Jul-07 09:23:39

Congratulations and welcome to Rufus....

its a lovely name, not a dog's name at all....is Rufus Sewell a dog?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: