Baby shower

(3 Posts)
Kay891 Wed 13-Mar-19 18:50:35

My friend is having a baby and is in the middle of organising a baby shower. She sent me a list of things that she needs and is requesting that guests buy things off this list. Another suggestion was that everyone donates a small amount of money and then she could use this towards items of her preference. Last week my friend bought my pregnant friend a outfit for the baby and she remarked that “ it was ugly” before sending my friend clothing items of her choice which are more expensive. I have money to buy my friends baby a gift, is it bad for me to tell my pregnant friend that I think she is being a little unreasonable with the list and that she should probably be thankful for the gifts she receives?

OP’s posts: |
Hiphopopotamous Wed 13-Mar-19 19:07:40

She doesn't sound like a very nice person, telling your friend the outfit was ugly and dictating a baby shower gift list (so grabby!)
Are you sure you want to be her friend?

molliejade24 Fri 12-Apr-19 09:54:28

Definitely unreasonable!! i understand asking for things that you still need but they should not be expensive nor expected, anything else should is a lovely bonus.. I wouldn't go if she's going to be so rude to people

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in