Talk

Advanced search

Alcohol use during pregnancy

(2 Posts)
ciara898 Sat 16-Feb-19 14:00:17

Hi guys can anyone console me. I didn’t find out I was pregnant until 25weeks- pcos and overweight. I am worried sick as I’ve been drinking most weekends for the 25 weeks I didn’t know I was pregnant! At most a bottle of wine every Saturday night- never too drunk but definitely tipsy. I’m terrified my baby will have FAS. Has this happened to anyone else and have they had a healthy baby? I have had a scan and explained to my OB, all looks fine on my scan but he said we really won't know until baby is here

LouB1990 Tue 26-Mar-19 20:34:58

I honestly can’t give much advice but what I will say is, unless you have drank an awful lot every day I very much doubt your baby will have any problems. As far as I’m aware the only babies born with FAS are the ones who have alcoholic mums. Besides a lot of mums still do drink during pregnancy (maybe not a bottle of wine) but some do still have a few glasses of wine a night. Honestly would not worry, if doctors we’re worried they would have told you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: