Talk

Advanced search

Teen parenting

(12 Posts)
angelmummywillisfarrell Sat 29-Dec-18 18:16:34

If you had a teen pregnancy how did yours and your partners family react?
I’m 18 and my boyfriend is 17 I’m so scared to tell my family...

Juanbablo Sat 29-Dec-18 18:18:30

I was 19 when I had my first child. My family were shocked but ultimately very supportive. I hope it goes well when you tell your families.

HankyPanky04 Sat 29-Dec-18 18:19:03

My 'family' kicked me out. 11y on we're now NC

angelmummywillisfarrell Sat 29-Dec-18 19:31:28

Sorry if I sound stupid but what’s nc???

HankyPanky04 Sat 29-Dec-18 19:41:05

No contact

angelmummywillisfarrell Sat 29-Dec-18 19:59:44

Ohh

MrsTerryPratcett Sat 29-Dec-18 20:01:39

I support teenage mums. The answer is no one can tell you because all families react differently. I've seen loving, kind, overjoyed multi-generational support. And I've seen no contact and girls being asked to leave the home.

Do you have a generally good relationship and do they like the boyfriend?

Santaissleepingoffmincepies Sat 29-Dec-18 20:05:49

Dm was awful, df was ok. Dgm was very supportive. Dp's family were great. Dm came around before the birth. I was 17.
Congratulations op.

angelmummywillisfarrell Sat 29-Dec-18 20:33:22

Yes, I have a fantastic relationship with my family and my partner lives with us so he gets on well with my family too!

Santaissleepingoffmincepies Sat 29-Dec-18 20:36:00

Imo /e having a baby young isn't a disaster, it's having to be 'attached' to another family that can make /break your relationship - and your spirit if that makes sense?

sickmumma Tue 01-Jan-19 16:30:59

I was 19 when I found out I was pregnant with my eldest (hes now 9)

My family reacted badly -

Dad didn't speak to me for a couple of weeks - my son is now 9 and he dotes on him and my other two children.

Mum was disappointed but tbh she's a disappointment as a Mum and Nan so nothing lost there!

DH family were amazing and have been supportive from the offset!

PRichardson Tue 23-Jul-19 17:56:20

Hi babe I was 16 when I had my daughter, 5 months till I was 17 & my boyfriend literally just turned 19 the month before. Our relationship was 2.5 years at the time and I’m still a teen mum.
Not gonna lie I was absolutely shitting myself to tell my parents and family. Especially my dad! Was thinking all sorts I was making myself ill without realising, I actually went to get an abortion cause that was my reaction from being so scared. Me and my boyfriend had an idea.. I was on the injection previous and that stopped my periods so I couldn’t of known by that. Towards the end I knew but was in total denial and even went on a diet. My auntie who I live with kept saying look at that tummy! I kept saying I was just really fat, I tried to breathe in and hide it and wear normal clothes to cover it. People in my work kept asking me was I expecting or when am I due that’s when it hit me! I told my work first and my boyfriends mum after coming from the abortion clinic finding out I was too late they all supported me, even though his mum was shocked. I then told my cousin and she basically told my auntie, then my auntie told all my family. I was crying my eyes out.. they was all so shocked my dad went abit mad and basically said my auntie and uncle lets me do what I wanted (isn’t true just words out of anger) he doesn’t even bother with me to even know that. I had a difficult upbringing so my behaviour was based off that. But my aunties more of a chill person when it comes to a situation where someone needs support, she was actually happy for me. Took my big brother and dad to come round longer but my dad was happy in the end when she was born.. their view was their was nothing you can do it’s happened now, but it quite upset me as their talking about their new family in that manner. Yes I was young but doesn’t mean I’ll be a bad mum. In the end everyone was happy for me. My family making more of an effort with my boyfriend also, as we are a family now.
Truth is babe, shit happens! Your now a mum to your unborn baby. You choose if you want to abort or keep but a child is such a blessing ❤️ My daughter has changed me for the better I’m not a angry young lady anymore. I deal with situations better than I did. I’ve always been mature for my age but she’s made me turn into even more of a real woman, no drama nothing. Your family may be angry, upset, shocked but they’ll soon come round. If they don’t end up supporting you then fuck them. Surround yourself in positivity. Hopefully some family members will support you but really it should be everyone! Your daughter will be part of the family for everyone now.
It’s tough on teen girls but you’ll get through it. Your not the first and won’t be the last. Don’t hate your pregnancy cause people judge and your ashamed etc. A child is nothing to be ashamed of. Yes ideally older would of been wiser, but your baby is here now so start to look forward to rewarding but stressful mum life😊
Enjoy your pregnancy! I didn’t fully enjoy it but I so wish I did. Such a beautiful thing to create a child. Everything happens for a reason ❤️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »