Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Telling my mum and sister!

(6 Posts)
Cat2lady Tue 14-Nov-17 17:36:30

I'm actually sitting here feeling sick because I've invited my mum and sister around for tea tonight to tell them I'm pregnant 😶
I'm 30 years old and been married a couple of years and this will be our first baby.
My mum always goes on about 'not being lumbered' with babies and children and how awful it is (even though she had three of her own!). And my sister hates babies and children. I haven't even invited my dad because would be super embarrassed telling him 😂
I'm really hoping they won't be too negative!

doodle01 Tue 14-Nov-17 17:39:55

thats great life changing and its not their 'lumber' so be proud they wont of course not

teabagfreak Tue 14-Nov-17 17:40:59

Best of luck to you, I was so excited to tell my mum she was desperate to be a granny!

Cat2lady Tue 14-Nov-17 22:42:32

Thank you both.
Well I told them and although they were shocked my mum was actually really pleased, feels like a load off my mind 😍

teabagfreak Wed 15-Nov-17 05:41:44

If you have never been vocally open about wanting to have children then your mother maybe didn’t want to put on any pressure hence her attitude towards kids. Congrats on your pregnancy and glad your announcement went well 😊

Cat2lady Sat 18-Nov-17 19:42:04

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now