how much would you spend for a baby gift ?

(4 Posts)
saralala Tue 03-Oct-17 09:46:36

Hi, Mums
I'd need to buy a present for a friend who just had a baby. what is your average budget for a gift?
Thanks for your help
S.

OP’s posts: |
LJFM2B Tue 03-Oct-17 10:31:21

I think it depends on what your getting them and how close the friend is .... also think once you do it for this one you have set the president for future babies in your friendship group.

You can get lovely personalised dressing gowns for £18 including delivery ... i think this is more than enough and shows you have thought about it

silkpyjamasallday Tue 03-Oct-17 11:07:50

Totally depends on the relationship, the friend and what you are planning on getting. We have a pregnant friend who will be a single mum and will be relying on benefits, she is having a lot of our DDs things like snuzpod etc but they are not gifts. I found a bugaboo pram with all the accessories for £100 on eBay and bought that for her, I've said she can either have it or sell it if she'd prefer cash. If a friend was doing ok financially I wouldn't spend even half that much even if they were very very close, but would get something nice that they maybe wouldn't spend the money on themselves, like a cashmere baby blanket from H&M which is £30.

Roxx1516 Tue 03-Oct-17 19:59:37

I spent about £20 on a lil outfit for my friends baby x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in