Talk

Advanced search

MoosMa gets just what she ordered

(5 Posts)
MoosMa Fri 23-Feb-07 15:03:20

It started at 11.05 am on Tuesday with a few little niggles about 20 minutes apart. I went for a walk after lunch, at 3 they were 4 mintues apart and strong enough to make normal conversation difficult. At 3.30 I was pushing DD1 in her pushchair up a big steep hill. At 4.30 I started saying ow and called the midwife to hurry her along (she was coming anyway to do a sweep). At 5 the midwife arrived and examined me - 2cm and having strong contractions every 2-3 minutes. Put the Tens on at about half past but never felt it was quite right, but it worked as a distraction if nothing else.

Examined again at 7pm - 8cm so the mw rang for the other mw to come. Demanded DH fetch G&A from mw's car. Started pushing at 5 past, DD2 born at 7.13.

Tabetha Katy weighed in at 7lb 10.5ozs (1oz bigger than DD1). I have minimal damage - a small tear and graze caused by her arm being superman style - no stitches, hoorah!

I'm so pleased I managed to do it all by myself and with only a small amount of pain relief. Having been scared giving birth to DD1 with much intervention and difficulties this was just what I asked for and has made me feel much better about my childbearing abilities. There will never ever be a number 3 though

kitty17 Fri 23-Feb-07 15:58:26

congrats......

lulumama Fri 23-Feb-07 16:00:09

wow ! just posted on the OFP thread! really please for you ! great news and welcome to Tabetha Katy...

andyrobo237 Fri 23-Feb-07 18:13:18

well done and enjoy your new LO

peachygirl Tue 27-Feb-07 14:43:19

congatulations moosma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now