Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How did you all do it?

(9 Posts)
Minniemouse94 Mon 03-Aug-15 10:09:53

After recently finding out I'm pregnant, I've had to sort everything out and it has only just came across my mind- I need to tell people! (At the right time obviously)
So I know my mum isn't going to be too impressed!
So how do you all think I should do this?smilesmile

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Aug-15 20:56:35

I think work realised when I couldn't stay in my seat for more than two minutes without running to be sick.

Is there a reason that you think your DM won't be impressed?

Minniemouse94 Mon 03-Aug-15 21:14:58

She always think she knows what's best a right for me.
I just want a way to tell her without her going off on one lol..
My work are very friendly with my mum so I think it's best coming from me lol x

teaandcake2016 Sat 08-Aug-15 20:49:29

My mum was not at all happy - the scan picture bought her round though!

chelle792 Sat 08-Aug-15 20:51:37

I said to my dad "I want you to be happy for me....."
Kept repeating "I'm over the moon, I want you to be happy for me...."
Fourth time lucky he finally said "well yes, ok, I am happy for you" grin
Tell her how you want her to feel. Good luck x

possum18 Thu 15-Oct-15 11:53:11

I definitely think setting up the conversation in a positive light will help 'I've got some amazing news' 'I couldn't be happier to tell you' type things other than 'I'm really sorry but' or 'please don't be upset'. I told my mum by wrapping up a baby grow with a note from baby saying To Nanny, please hold on to this until April 1st, I can't wait to meet you! And a few weeks later after finding out I'm having twins I bought the same baby grow again and wrapped it up the same and did the same from baby #2! Good luck and congratulations - amazing news thanksstar

samjammy Sat 24-Oct-15 17:52:14

With your Mum, put a pun in your oven and tell her you've got a surprise for her!

We did it with PIL and their reaction was brilliant: 'it's a cob? a roll...? A bun..? A BUN???'

My DM, I gave her the scan picture and said there was something she'd like to see.

smile

FattyNinjaOwl Sat 24-Oct-15 17:57:22

I thought that my mum would hit the roof when I discovered I was pregnant. She didn't she was really supportive. She may surprise you.

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 26-Oct-15 15:58:52

I got my 4 year old son to tell everyone, much cuter coming from him that he is going to be a big brother! we are due to find out a couple of days before Christmas what DC2 is going to be, our plan is to fill a clear bauble up with either pink or blue glitter and tie a bow at the top in either its a girl/its a boy ribbon and wrap it up in a box like a present, one for my MIL while we are with the in laws family and then one for DM while we are with my family. I think finding an exciting way of doing it, like waiting until you have a scan pic (if you can hide it until then, I certainly couldn't) or as possum did, with a babygrow wrapped up. (How amazing it must have been going back with the second babygrow!)

My FIL didn't speak to us for the first few weeks when we found out we were expecting DS1, he thought I had ruined his sons life, (his words not mine) but when we brought the scan pic home and a lovely little babygrow he soon changed his mind, he's now my DS1s biggest fan and couldn't be more excited for DGC2!

Good Luck I hope all goes well and you get a lovely reaction, and even if you don't, she will soon change her mind when she sets eyes on her grandchild for the first time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now