Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

George's arrival re-lived on telly

(23 Posts)
bells2 Tue 23-Mar-04 13:06:38

For those of you who remember George's arrival last October (flapping husband, non-appearing midwife, paramedics accompanied by film crew etc etc), I just wanted to let you know that the programme in which we feature will be shown on the 15th April. It is on the BBC (not sure if it's BBC1 or 2) and it's called Trauma. We only appear very fleetingly so I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it but just thought some of you might like to see it.

marthamoo Tue 23-Mar-04 13:08:05

Didn't you have him on the stairs?

Marina Tue 23-Mar-04 13:09:10

Thanks for the tip-off, Bells. Lovely title!

WideWebWitch Tue 23-Mar-04 13:10:50

Oh fab, will someone remind us again on the day? I do indeed remember your birth story Bells!

nutcracker Tue 23-Mar-04 13:13:39

Oh thats the day before we go on holiday so i will def watch it, no doubt surrounded by cases .
I think it is on bbc 1. The series has been on a couple of times before, it's really good.

emmatmg Tue 23-Mar-04 13:13:59

Ohhhh, fantastic. I have wondered over the months whether you would be on. Didn't you say No at first but your DH was interviewed or something?

Will definatley watch it, be it a fleeting appearance or not

aloha Tue 23-Mar-04 14:32:01

Ooh yes, that post did make me laugh so much - sorry, I know it was a bit erm, Traumatic, but you made it sound hilarious. Will someone more organised than me bump this up near to the 15th please?

Janh Tue 23-Mar-04 14:35:12

Made me laugh too, bells, thanks for that!

Have you seen the actual programme already then? Is there lots of blood?

Coddy Tue 23-Mar-04 14:36:08

OMG FANTASTIC! i emamiled your thread to everyone1!! Great

Batters Tue 23-Mar-04 16:51:10

bells2, thanks for the update.

I too love te title .

Hulababy Tue 23-Mar-04 18:02:13

Fab! Makre sure someone reminds everyone else ont he day!

handlemecarefully Tue 23-Mar-04 21:37:51

Definitely will try to watch!

Bugsy2 Wed 24-Mar-04 14:46:26

Thanks for the update Bells. How is everything going. I imagine you've got your hands fairly full for too much Mumsnetting! Are you enjoying not working (you know what I mean - the paid stuff)?

bells2 Thu 25-Mar-04 13:05:37

We will be away on hols so will miss it. It really shows very little (I don't appear and there is no blood!) but it is very nice to have George captured on film at just a couple of minutes old.

Nice to hear from you Bugsy - I absolutely love not 'working', mainly because of the extra flexibility and time. I am finding looking after three hard work though and with DH working extremely long hours and on the brink of a mid-life crisis, it's a daily challenge to hold it all together. I really miss Mumsnet but unfortunately the combination of a lack of time and the sheer size of the site these days means that I don't get much of a chance to post. I'm out of touch with what you are up to at the mo but hope things are going well for you.

bells2 Fri 04-Feb-05 12:03:29

Hi there, just an update on George and Trauma which I thought some of you might be interested in. Poor old George (now aged 16 months) fell head first off his wheeliebug the other day on to a stone floor and cut the inside of his mouth rather badly. By the afternoon it was still bleeding on and off and he was geting very distressed about it so we went down to the A&E at our local Hospital.

As we were admitted, we saw the same film crew who were there the night he was born and they told us they were filming series 2 of Trauma (it was the only day they were scheduled to be in paediatric A&E). They were delighted to see him as a strapping toddler and filmed the consultant examining him and him trying to destroy a rather large quantity of medical equipment. So it looks as though he will star in Series 2 as well. It was an amazing coincidence and I am already dreading what our contribution to Series 3 is likely to be!

George apparently has a torn frenelum (sp?) and whilst it could do with a stitch we are going to wait a few days to see if it heals as otherwise it would involve a general.

NameChangingMancMidlander Fri 04-Feb-05 12:05:04

WOW ! He's becoming quite a little celebrity !

Hope his mouth is better soon.

emmatmg Fri 04-Feb-05 12:06:07

Wow.....he's a celebrity!!!

Any news on when it'll be on? you must let us know!11

Excellent, can't wait aready!

Marina Fri 04-Feb-05 12:07:02

Oh so sorry about George and the wheeliebug, Bells - they are clearly almost as dangerous as pushalong labradors. Hope he and you get over the shock very soon.
But it is rather sweet and nice (given that his injuries are not serious overall) that he has a starring role in Trauma 2.
Ahem! I hope you were decently clad this time! And that dd does not feel George is muscling in on her favourite guys...
Series 3 could of course be ds1 or dd going off to medical school

WideWebWitch Fri 04-Feb-05 12:07:19

I've missed him on telly about 3 times now bells! That programme is shown, someone posts about it, I turn on the tv and just miss the crucial bit. Hope he gets better soon.

emmatmg Fri 04-Feb-05 12:10:59

Hope his mouth is better soon too, of course.

(we must have been on the sept 2003 babies thread together as my Ds3 is 16 months too......my memory is sooo bad now though)

batters Fri 04-Feb-05 12:30:48

oh bells2. Really sorry for poor old George, but blimey, what a coincidence. I may ask for his autograph yet you know!

I hope George is recovering well. Thanks for the update.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 12:44:44

bells2 that is one of my fave threads ever!

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 12:45:05

and I have seen it twice now
LIke yer trees outside yer door!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now