Talk

Advanced search

The incubation is over!

(15 Posts)
TheIncubator Sun 28-May-06 12:58:21

Baby Monty decided he wanted to come into the world on Wed 19th April (at 34.5 weeks) - apparently he couldn't wait until May 28th! My waters broke at about 2pm and we got to hospital (John Radcliffe in Oxford) at about 3pm; finally gave birth at 9.15pm so nice and short as far as I'm concerned.
I have to say that I had a fantastic experience. The midwife who delivered me was a real sweetie. And all the other staff that were involved were great. I managed to get most of the way through labour on gas and air but towards the end I decided that I wanted an epidural. I don't remember it but apparently I then had a bit of a rest and a snooze for a couple of hours (!) and then I got on with the business at hand and pushed him out in about 20 mins. Had a 2nd degree tear but the midwife who stitched me up did a really good job and I was sitting down fairly comfortably in a couple of days.
Monty went into intensive care as he was so premature but he was moved into the special care baby unit ('fattening' room rather than needing intensive care). He managed to regain and pass his birth weight in about 12 days when he was allowed home a day after my birthday. The best birthday present I could wish for

Ledodgyherring Sun 28-May-06 13:03:52

Aww Congratulations and Welcome to the world baby Monty (brill name btw).

colditz Sun 28-May-06 13:04:32

Congratulations on Monty, you must be very proud.

MarsLady Sun 28-May-06 13:18:04

Congratulations!

TRIOMUM Sun 28-May-06 13:38:28

Congratulations - My dts were 8wks premature and also in the SCBU. It's lovely to have them home eh!!

Enjoy

sniff Sun 28-May-06 14:03:34

Congratulations x x

CaptainDippy Sun 28-May-06 14:57:12

Congratulations!! What was Monty's birth weight? - Must have been a bit of shock, so glad he is doing so well - enjoy!! Great name btw - Happy "Due Date day""!!

hockeymum Mon 29-May-06 09:29:54

Nice to read your story in full now. Monty is such a fab name - did it take you long to find it in the end? How long was he nameless? I'm glad you can be so positive about your experiences. Well done you - welcome Monty

fenny1 Mon 29-May-06 17:23:38

Congratulations! I love the name.
Glad you have your boy home with you.

Maddison Mon 29-May-06 22:09:39

Congratulations

It's lovely that you had a positive experience even though it must have been worrying for you being premature xx

hulababy Mon 29-May-06 22:23:59

Congratulations and welcome to Monty

TheIncubator Wed 31-May-06 20:28:56

Got waylaid this week. Don't know where the time goes!

He was quite a big chap when he was born, coming in at 5lb 13oz. He's been putting weight on like there's no tomorrow and now weighs in at a whopping 8lb 9oz! Needless to say the health visitor is very pleased with his progress and he's now on the 75th centile. He puts away so much food, I think he must have hollow legs.

Poor chap didn't have a name until the end of last week. I'd been umm'ing and arrr'ing for nearly six weeks as I wasn't convinced about Monty but the deed is done now!

TheIncubator Wed 31-May-06 20:34:08

BTW, seeing as I'm no longer 'incubating' I thought I ought to change my log in name to MontysMum

TheIncubator Wed 31-May-06 20:36:32

If I can figure out how to do it!

PanicPants Wed 31-May-06 20:37:56

Congratulations

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: