Talk

Advanced search

Squidgeybaby has finally arrived

(10 Posts)
squidgeymiller Thu 18-May-06 17:34:24

Hi There,

Niamh Moira was born 22.07 on 13/05/06, weighing in at just 8lb 6oz.

I went into hospital on thurs 11/05/06 for prostin Gel with a view to breaking my waters Friday morning as I would then be 13 days late. As I was already having strong contractions 3hrs after the 1st gel they decided to leave the 2nd dose for another fews hours, but eventually by Friday evening, as I had not made any progress and was still only 2cm dilated and her head was still only 3/5 engaged, I had been given the full 3 sets of gel to induce me.

At 9am on Saturday morning I had still failed to progress, and was put on a hormone drip. I thought I was doing quite well with G+A and a birthing ball, until 4pm, when the registrar that examined me told me I was STILL only 3cm dilated and the head was no further engaged.

At which point I cried!

They upped my dosage of the drip again but had to lower it as Niamh's heart rate began to drop. We perservered until the next exam at 9.15pm, and when I still had made no progress it was decided to proceed to an emergency c-section. Niamh was in a posterior presentation and was obviously not going to make an appearance in the usual fashion.

Everything went so quickly and I was pretty out of it so I don't remember it very clearly, however, needless to say, squidgeydaddy and I are over the moon and happy to be back at home finally.

x

Gem13 Thu 18-May-06 17:41:16

Congratulations and welcome to Niamh Moira

Hope you are recovering from the c-section.

Maddison Thu 18-May-06 20:25:32

Congratulations and welcome to Niamh

gladbag Thu 18-May-06 21:07:17

Big congratulations, and huge respect for such stamina!. Well worth it, I'm sure
Welcome Niamh Moira

Beauregard Thu 18-May-06 21:15:23

Congratulations and welcome baby Niamh.

hockeymum Fri 19-May-06 20:34:33

squidgyfamily - congratulations on the arrival of niamh (lovely name btw). Sorry it didnt go exactly to plan but glad it's all over for you now and you have a lovely baby squidgy to make it all worthwhile. Enjoy your new family and remember to take it easy as recovery can be pretty slow after an emergency section. Accept all your offers of help and enjoy gazing at your lovely little one while someone else does the chores. Well done you. xx

fenny1 Sat 20-May-06 05:46:35

Not much is making me smile at the moment but the thought of a squidgy baby is
Congratulations to you. Hope youare making a good recovery and that babe and family are doing well x

squidgeymiller Sat 20-May-06 15:18:35

thanks for all your thoughts - can't stop staring at her, still in disbelief!

CarmenH Sun 21-May-06 17:57:29

Lots of congratulations. xxx

sniff Sun 21-May-06 18:50:28

Congratulations x x x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: