Talk

Advanced search

Bit scared!

(15 Posts)
cookiem Thu 04-Aug-05 15:14:42

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby and starting spotting 5 days ago. I went to the hospital and they said that my womb was still closed but i had to go back for a scan when i was 6 weeks pregnant (today) i'm just sitting here going stair crazy waiting to go for my appointment. I'm not too hopeful but i am trying to be brave as i feel a bit stupid with only being 6 weeks pregnant and knowing what some people have to go through.

I just wanted to sound off as i'm on my own and waiting for my husband to come home to take me the hospital. Will post when i know more. Has anyone had any experience of spotting with no heavy bleeding and carried on to have a healthy baby?

thanks in advance for listening. x

Hausfrau Thu 04-Aug-05 15:16:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hunkermunker Thu 04-Aug-05 15:17:12

Yes, I had a bit of spotting when I was 10 weeks pg with DS. He was 16mo yesterday. I will keep everything crossed for you - remember that a high percentage of women who do bleed in pregnancy go on to have healthy babies. If your cervix is still closed and it's only spotting and there's no pain, that all sounds good. It could be a breakthrough bleed - some women have these around the time a period's due for their whole pregnancy, loads have them in the first couple of months.

I know how worrying it is - lots of hugs coming your way xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SoupDragon Thu 04-Aug-05 15:21:09

I had a lot of spotting with DS2 and he's now a happy healthy (albeit whingy) 4yo.

jamiesam Thu 04-Aug-05 15:23:17

Best of luck cookiem

I had spotting with ds1 (after early missed m/c), and was dead nervous that I was having another m/c. I never knew what the spotting was but there was no pain and no recurrence and I went on to have a normal pg and healthy baby 7 months later.

Really hope you're OK.

cookiem Thu 04-Aug-05 20:39:51

Hi guys,

thanks for all your words. Bad news i'm afraid. I have miscarried. Really gutted. nothing showing up on the scan at all. They are a bit concerned that the wall of my womb is thin (too thin to have had a miscarriage and not bled so much) so maybe they are thinking it is eptopic? Had blood tests done today and depending on what the results are i might need another test on sat. If the hormone levels have increased then they will do a small sugergy to remove the embryo from the tubes. Either way i'm not pregnant.

I feel really worn out even though i haven't bled that much. I think i am so upset as we have been trying for baby no 2 for 7 months now and we were over the moon when i found out i was pregnant but as i said in my first message i knew something wasn't right.

I'm a bit concerned as my husband seems to think that the sonagrapher said there was no sign of pregnancy. He has interpreted this as i have never been pregnant in the first place even though i did 2 tests and the hospital did a test? Are men really that stupid? Or is he just burrying his head in the sand? Either way it made me feel stupid and doubt myself!

Sorry to go on but have no one to talk to at mo all my family are away on holiday and i don't want to spoil their hols, nothing they can do about it. Thanks again for listening xx

jamiesam Thu 04-Aug-05 20:49:03

Oh, Cookiem, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say, can I send you a big {{{{hug}}}}.

Tbh, I think at this early stage it's often a bit remote for blokes and perhaps he's just not really thinking straight. I think you need to find a way to let your dh know that emotionally you're going to be knocked for six - and then maybe after he's given you a bit of support, you can support him right back?

I hope tests don't find any problems - you sound like you need them to explain again about the wall of the womb being thin?

cookiem Thu 04-Aug-05 21:04:45

I think the bit about the lining of the womb was the bit that made dh think i had never been pregnant in the first place - men!

I never really have heavy periods anyway so i just put it down to that but i'll have to wait and see what the blood tests reveal. I don't think it is eptopic - maybe the reason i m/c was the fact that the lining of the womb was thin? who knows? i'm sure dh will be fine, as you said maybe he's not thinking straight himself.

thanks for your support jaimesam and anyone else who replies x

Hausfrau Fri 05-Aug-05 10:30:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cookiem Fri 05-Aug-05 19:48:38

just got my blood tests results today and they revealed a HCG level of 82. I have to go back tomorrow (sat) to get them checked again and if they have doubled it may mean either the egg is still making its way down or that it is an eptopic pregnancy.

Personally i think that my HCG levels are probably just on the way down but we'll have to see, won't know till after 6pm sunday what the results are - i was just accepting that i had miscarried and now they have put a very small shadow of hope back in me even though i know myself there is nothing there you just can't help but hope!

I'll post again on sunday after my results.

cheers guys for all the hugs

hunkermunker Fri 05-Aug-05 19:51:07

Oh, sweetheart, I'm sorry

Whizzz Fri 05-Aug-05 19:52:52

<<Hugs>>
There's a lot of support on here if you need it.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Fri 05-Aug-05 20:10:38

so sorry to hear your bad news

sending you lots of love and kisses

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cookiem Mon 08-Aug-05 19:06:57

Hi guys,

had my results back from my second blood test which showed a HGC level of 70. They say it seems to be on the way down but just to be sure i have to go back and have a further blood test on tuesday. They said there is definately no chance of a pregnancy. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for all your support, this really is a great website, was good to share it with people who have been through it.

Lots of love and hugs right back at you all x

oaktree Tue 09-Aug-05 18:57:52

cookiem
could it be a bighted ovum - if teh sonographer said there was nothing there. that has happened to me & i rememebr teh awful shock i felt. teh spotting I had was a sign (apparently) that all was not well & so I had an ERPC to sort it out.
thinking of you adn hope you find teh strtenght you need to get through this. i found mumsnet invaluable and am sure you will too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now