Advanced search


(7 Posts)
jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 02-Aug-05 21:40:48

Anyone know how to go about getting counselling and whether i would have to pay for it?!

Blossomhill Tue 02-Aug-05 21:42:56

Go and speak to your gp. I did and was referred to a cp who then gave me some numbers. Quite often you have to just give a voluntary contribution.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 02-Aug-05 21:46:24

i dont want a helpline or anything, i want to be able to sit down with someone. I cant do this anymore...... i really wanted to avoid seeing the GP too but I guess ill have to.

jane313 Tue 02-Aug-05 21:50:33

How about contacting cruse? I went after my mum died had one to one sessions and they said I would be asked for a contribution but I never was. God I ve just remembered that I should give something now.

jane313 Tue 02-Aug-05 21:51:30


jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 02-Aug-05 22:02:35

but its a phone number, i just cant face talking to a voice at the end of the phone.... i need face to face

Tommy Tue 02-Aug-05 22:28:41

Cruse will arrange for you to have some face to face counselling if that's what you want but you'll need to phone first.
If you're really desperate and want to to talk to someone quickly, you could go to your local branch of Samaritans tomorrow - they are normally open every day from about 9 or 10 am. They are not counsellors but might be able to help in the first instance. Cruse are very good though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: