Talk

Advanced search

My friend's Mum is dying

(8 Posts)
Hausfrau Fri 15-Jul-05 09:35:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ellceeell Fri 15-Jul-05 09:52:27

My mum died last year. I always knew lots of people liked her but it wasn't until I read the letters that came with the condolences cards that I realised how many people loved her, and why. So, if you can write something similar to what you wrote here I'm sure it will mean a lot.

When it is Pat's birthday, ring or write to your friend, telling her you realise how extra sad that day might be making her. That helps, that people don't assume you are "getting over it".

Talk about the happy times and memories even if it makes you both cry - if you both can cope with that.

Hausfrau Sun 24-Jul-05 17:43:39

MrsGordonRamsay Sun 24-Jul-05 17:46:37

Did your friend get home in time.

I hate motherhood, it has turned me into a total softie, I just filled up when I asked that question.

jampots Sun 24-Jul-05 17:48:56

oh Hausfrau - you can only be there for your friend. I hope she did get back in time x

Hausfrau Sun 24-Jul-05 18:12:35

PeachyClair Sun 24-Jul-05 19:12:39

People will wait, my nan waited until her sixtieth wedding anniversary: she ahd no reason to think she was worse (she had been 'about to go' medically for a decade, but she went round saying a sort of goodbye to everyone and asking their future plans. Two days later her heart gave up. Incredibly sad, but she got to spend most of a sopecial weekend (the following day was mothers day) with her loved ones, that was perfect for her. I am sure it was the same for your friend's mum. Sympathies to yourself and your freinds X

Hausfrau Wed 27-Jul-05 10:36:40

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now