Talk

Advanced search

Will labour be the same for a live birth?

(11 Posts)
CHOCOLATEPEANUT Fri 08-Jul-05 22:03:50

I gave birth to my still born daughter in April. I was induced and it hurt which I expected it too.My other daughter was born by C Section in 2003 so I do not know if the pain was 'normal' and if am lucky enough to have another child and give birth will the pain be the same or worse (i was only 24 weeks and she was only 1lb 3oz so I know a bigger baby will make a differance)

bossykate Fri 08-Jul-05 22:14:29

hello chocolatepeanut.

i am so sorry for your loss

other mnetters have unfortunately been in your situation and have recommended SANDS as a good source of support. if noone comes back to you here, perhaps someone there can help.

fwiw - i have had 2 vaginal deliveries and the pain was v. different with both of them. it may be there isn't a definitive answer to your question

womba1 Fri 08-Jul-05 22:50:33

Chocolatepeanut.. i gave birth to my stillborn son, 11 years ago. I was 30 weeks and James weighed 4lb 3oz and i remember the pain like it was yesterday.
I had my ds in 2003 and although i was in labour for 28 hours, pushed for goodness knows how long, had failed forceps, i then had an emergency c- section and he was born weighing 8lb 6oz.
I'm currently in my 10th week of pregnancy and have been told that if i want an elective section this time round, i can have one... but... i can also have a trial of labour as i've already delivered vaginally.
In all honesty, it's hard to define 'normal'pain and because we both delivered our babies alseep, that undoubtedly contributed to the pain, both emotional and physical.
Thinking of you x

jangus Fri 08-Jul-05 23:23:37

CP: I'm so sorry that you have suffered in this way. Bossykate is right by advising you to talk to SANDS.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about natural birth because Lilli-Mae was delivered by C/S.
I hope someone can come along and give you some comfort.
I have always just assumed that in the same way that every pregnancy is different, it follows that every birth is different.
Sorry I can't give you any more words of comfort.
Much Love to you.
XxX Jangus

giraffeski Fri 08-Jul-05 23:26:51

Message withdrawn

Cristina7 Fri 08-Jul-05 23:27:39

Hi CP. I had a stillborn son in October '03. He was 35 weeks and weighed 4lb 9oz. I'd already had a baby before delivered vaginally (after induction at 38 weeks, waters broke) and compared with Dominic (9lb +), giving birth to Louis was very easy. Now I have a 4 month old daughter. She was born by C/S for a number of reasons (including gestational diabetes). So sorry to hear about your baby daughter. How did you name her?

SANDS was very helpful for me. Our local branch also run a group for pregnant women after a previous stillbirth.

mrsdarcy Fri 08-Jul-05 23:41:28

Hi chocolatepeanut.

My experience was that the first stage of labour was comparable to delivering my two live children, especially my first as I was induced with him as well.

The second stage (pushing the baby out) was much quicker and easier because she was so tiny. Delivering a term, live baby there was more of a burning sensation and much more effort/pushing involved. As others have said, every labour is different and of course your pain relief options and emotional experience are different when the baby is alive.

Thinking of you . I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I hope you are ok Jangus, I haven't seen you around much recently.
x

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Sat 09-Jul-05 09:54:51

Thanks for all your kind words. I am ok just dont get much time to post as I have a 20 mth old daughter Lucy.

I called my daughter Philippa.It was the hardest thing I have ever done but somehow I got through it.I havebad days especially as due date is approaching and when I see other heavily pregnant ladies. We are also TTC so thats keeping me occupied

Overall I am not too bad. I had a difficult adult life until I met husband no 2 and had lucy. I was told I would never have children and it turned out to be Husband no 1.I also lost my mum early to breast cancer. Waking up today I feel so lucky to have a lovely little girl who gives me hus and kisses and makes me laugh and a husband who loves me despite the fact that I probably am driving him mad (hormones)Some ladies never get to become mummys and I just count my blessings

xxx
jane
lucy 20mths
angel philippa 05.04.05

jangus Sat 09-Jul-05 10:12:04

Jane: Folk said to me when we lost Lilli-Mae that "it isn't that time is a healer as such, but, instead it is with time that you learn how to cope with what has happened.
I truely hope that you are doing well and you are getting lots of support from people around you and lots of hugs and kisses from Lucy.
This is a very difficult time for you. I wish you well.
Philippa and Lucy are both beautiful and pretty names.
Much Love Jangus XxX

misdee Sat 09-Jul-05 10:15:29

i have been told, that it doesnt get easier, it changes.

xxx

bubble99 Mon 11-Jul-05 19:48:59

Hi CP. I'm so for what you're feeling at the moment. I can't speak from experience as my son died during labour and was delivered by CS while I was under general anaesthetic. I imagine that the physical pain felt during vaginal delivery of a stillborn baby must be more intense, despite the often smaller size, as there is no joy to look forward to at the end of it.

I'm right with you with the TTC. I'm still BF and my surviving twin son is now nearly 5 months old. I never expected to be hangin' out for AF, but I am now. I've had a few twinges over the last few days and hoped I was pg. I've been told about women who conceive while still fully BF and with no AF. Not me, I'm afraid, I did a pg test this morning and it was a BFN.

I just hope I get AF back anyway, knowing my luck I'll end up with the bloomin' menopause.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now