Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any advice for me?

(8 Posts)
squandersix Thu 30-Jun-05 10:43:54

Hi.
Just come over from the pregnancy board. Sorry to say, I miscarried number 3 last night. Going to ask for tests. I have diabetes, hypothyroidism and asthma and a history of clotting in gynae matters (tmi - sorry) so I'm thinking that I may be a candidate for 'sticky blood' syndrome.
Can anyone give me some advice?
Trying to stay positive but just feeling a bit numb.
My sympathies are with all of you who have lost also.
Hugs
Max
xx

colditz Thu 30-Jun-05 10:50:12

I am so sorry, I have no advice for you, but I am so sorry.

shelly24 Thu 30-Jun-05 10:54:04

I'm so sorry for your loss,max.x
I'm afraid i haven't got any advice but i just wanted to offer my support.Its hard when you loose a baby at any stage,they are all wanted and loved reguardless.
Hopefully there is someone with some advice for you,try and stay strong,take care,shelly.x.x

cat82 Thu 30-Jun-05 10:55:11

So sorry

I've no advice either but thinking of you and your family.

Arabica Thu 30-Jun-05 12:03:47

Very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope you get some answers--there are some very knowledgeable mumsnetters out there. I was in hospital having an asthma attack when I found out about my own miscarriage, but was reassured by the consultant that it was unlikely to have affected my pregnancy.

mrsdarcy Thu 30-Jun-05 19:05:12

I'm sorry about your miscarriage Max. It's a horrible thing to go through .
Have you read Lesley Regan's book on miscarriage? She's a consultant at St Mary's Paddington and looks at antiphospholopid syndrome in some detail. There is also a lot of information and research published on the St Mary's hospital website .
x

bundle Thu 30-Jun-05 19:13:26

I'm really sorry to hear this squandersix. do try and get the lesley regan book, a friend of mine did who had 3 mc's in a year and got herself referred to st marys & was diagnosed with "sticky blood" (hughes syndrome or anti phospholipid syndrome). she had to inject herself with heparin when she next got pregnant but now is the mother of a little boy and girl. just a few years back she couldn't have imagined herself where she is now, so please try and stay hopeful, xxxx

thebavs Fri 01-Jul-05 10:09:25

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage squandersix. I also experienced 3 miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy before having my DD in Sept '04. I don't really have any advice re:sticky blood syndrome although the Lesley Regan book is great. You need to push the consultant to be pro-active and sort something out for you. My miscarriages were 'unexplained' so I tried acupuncture and chinese herbal medicine for 12months before conceiving with DD; it worked for me, so I just think anything's worth a try.Stay strong and keep believing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now