Talk

Advanced search

Hormon testing after m/c..worth it?

(4 Posts)
strike1 Mon 13-Jun-05 18:16:49

I had a missed m/c on the 23th May and a ERPC several days after. When I was at uni I had quite irregular periods and was told I had "mild" PCOS, but managed to get accidentally pg and had a termination (oh regrets!). I went onto Dianette after that for 5 years till Xmas last year when DH and I wanted to ttc. My skin went dodggy and I skipped a period before becoming pg. Once I m/c I desperatly wanted an explanation as you do but was told by my doctor that it was unlikely to be anything to do with previous pcos. I was wondering if there is any test I can get to find out if my hormone levels are right to sustain a pregnacy. I want to ttc asap but really really don't want it to happen again.

jangus Mon 13-Jun-05 18:21:55

Hi Strike,
I'm not really much use, but I had an operation a few years ago and afterwards my periods stopped for about a year. The consultant did some hormone tests for me and the results came back to say that one of my hormones was low, I think it was oestrogen (?). He said that when we decided to actively try for a baby I would go to him and get an injection to encourage this hormone level to rise to allow me to get pregnant.
As it turned out, my periods eventually came back and I did fall pregnant.
I'm sure this isn't any use to you. I hope someone comes along who will know about this.
XxX

strike1 Tue 14-Jun-05 15:28:48

Thanks, I'll try and get my doctor to help but I might need to be more forceful. Hope the teenage skin goes soon too, feel like I'm 16 again!

jangus Tue 14-Jun-05 16:01:59

it really is no fun at all!
After my operation I got adult acne, I had escaped it as a teenager so I was not best pleased. Things did settle down though. Hope your doc can help you out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now