Talk

Advanced search

dp's grandad has suddenly died- i dont know what to say

(4 Posts)
paddington21 Wed 21-Oct-09 14:39:36

hi all, my darling dp's grandad died rather suddenly yesterday i dont what to say to him. i would like to make it all better and help him but were very different people when it comes to dealing with death- i know we all deal with it differently. he is quite relgious and i am well, clumsy when it comes to death.

he was shouting in a way ive never heard him shout before, and last night and today we've just kind of been carrying on like normal. he was saying that it wont come between us and he wont shut me out. i feel like im in a whirlwind and i dont know what to say to him. he wont talk about it to the point i dont even know how his lovely grandpa died.

ive taken today off to be with him and he's gone to a relative so i now feel even more usless like he doesnt want me there. how do i support him?

i would like to give him a poem or something but i dont know what.

can anyone help?

throckenholt Wed 21-Oct-09 14:41:27

just give him a big hug when he comes home and ask how it went.

And tell him - when he wants a hug, or to talk then he knows where you are.

paddington21 Wed 21-Oct-09 14:48:39

thank you for your quick reply. its so hard to know what to do.

Cadelaide Wed 21-Oct-09 14:52:41

Tell him pretty much what you've said here. That you love him and you care and you want to help but you don't know how.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now