Talk

Advanced search

grieving angry teenage boy

(5 Posts)
3littlefrogs Tue 20-Oct-09 21:39:48

Is there any sort of internet forum type of support around for teenagers?

My friend has sadly lost her dad recently. Her 17 year old son, who was very close to his grandad, is in a very bad way. He has refused counselling offered by the school, won't talk to his parents. My friend is trying to deal with her own grief, but very worried about her ds.

I wondered if he might find some sort of internet group helpful??

If anyone could suggest anything I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 20-Oct-09 22:07:01

Try here

3littlefrogs Tue 20-Oct-09 23:18:31

Thanks so much for that. I will send the info to my friend and she can check it out, and maybe talk to some of her ds's friends and see if they can somehow suggest it to him. (If she suggests it he will refuse to look at it!)

NanaNina Wed 21-Oct-09 00:32:45

I think the link seems to fit the bill especially with a teenage boy but I think that sometimes we just have to accept that boys and men for that matter are just NOT good at talking about their feelings, epecially teenage boys. Bottling up feelings is more their style. If he is going to talk to anyone it will be his mates, but probably in a very low key way. Your friend might just have to live with the fact that there is not a lot she can do to help her son get through this, but I'm sure he will, in time and in his own way. Does he have any female friends - they may be able coax him to talk. Maybe your friend could ask one of them to try to support him through this and NOT tell him that she has been approached by his mother!

3littlefrogs Wed 21-Oct-09 00:37:33

Yes - we agreed that the female friends would be the best people to talk to him. It is just that he is going off the rails a bit, and he does need some way of letting it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now