Talk

Advanced search

Any "believers"; out there?

(6 Posts)
feedmenow Tue 29-Sep-09 13:42:50

Hope this post doesn't offend anyone.

I just wanted to know if anyone out there has had a successful visit with a medium.

I saw 2 shortly after my dd died, but they were basically crap.

I don't know why now I suddenly have an urge to hear from her, but all of a sudden I feel quite desperate.

But regardless of the reason, I would really like to know if anyone knows of any reputable mediums, particularly in the South East.

Thank you all. x

mumblechum Tue 29-Sep-09 14:03:47

I don't know anyone who's been to a medium, but do you think perhaps you may benefit from counselling?

I do know how hard it is, we lost ds1 at the age of 7 but we're not religious so didn't think about going to a medium.

Sorry you're going through this.

feedmenow Tue 29-Sep-09 15:31:50

Thanks for the reply Mumble.

I have had a bit of counselling, but it does not really seem to be the thing for me.

Funny, I don't really consider myself to be religious either, but I don't really think of mediumship coming under the religion umbrella.....

Sorry to hear you lost your ds. Always breaks my heart a bit now everytime I hear of someone who has lost a precious child. x

ILikeToQuickstepItTangoIt Wed 30-Sep-09 17:45:24

Hi FMN smile

The thought has crossed my mind many times, but tbh I don't think I'll ever go through with it.

I have seen mediums before (pre losing C) and one of them in particular was very good and mentioned lots of specific things that were uncanny. However I'm still not totally convinced of their abilities, so for something that is so important and sacred to me, I won't see a medium about C. The thought of someone playing with my emotions is too much to bare tbh.

SalVolatile Wed 30-Sep-09 21:02:24

feedmenow - have exactly the same need (for a medium in South East) but was too embarrassed to post blush. I understand that many (possibly all?) are charletans but I really really need to try it for myself. I only want to do it once, so I want to go to the best I can find...

chegirl Wed 30-Sep-09 21:21:58

I live in an area that is teeming with mediums and spiritualist churches.

The spiritualist churches are Christian churches with hymns and prayers. Mediums often give private readings but there are open meetings every week.

I have been to a few of these and found them very friendly, full of kind people. But they can seem a bit ermmm ecentric?

I havent been to a private medium outside one of these places but loads of my friends have. Its quite usual round here (East London).

I had a private reading at a church and he was very accurate in some ways. He talked specifically about my grandparents but he did seem to be casting about later on when talking about my child.

I wasnt upset just a bit 'meh'

I get the feeling that these people really believe in what they are doing. They charge very little so I dont think its about money. I have never felt exploited or anything like it. I am sure it happens though, bereaved people are so vunerable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now