Talk

Advanced search

Should I visit my granddad's rose bush in the crem?

(2 Posts)
Alambil Tue 22-Sep-09 23:24:40

I haven't been since the day of the funeral

he died 8 years ago and I've been once, before DS was born (so over 7 yrs ago)

I just don't seem to be able to go.... I was in a very bad relationship when Grandad died and I never went on the last trip to see him, so I never got to say good bye until the curtain drew on his coffin and he went forever I broke down at that point and howled - a proper primate howl and had to leave the ceremony, so I have awful memories of the time

I saw him for the last time before he moved south and got sick, and left with a simple "see you soon" - not a proper good bye, not like everyone else did (I don't know why I didn't go... I was not myself at the time, going through what I can only describe as a mental breakdown or something)

Should I go? I don't know if I could do it without actually breaking down in tears

I couldn't go with anyone else - it'd have to be on my own; my nan and mum wouldn't cope with my tears if they were there.

What do you think?

Tortington Tue 22-Sep-09 23:26:44

i think you should. there is absolutley nothing wrong with tears. You loved him. go tell him xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now