Talk

Advanced search

Going to see my Ex Husbands body in the Chapel of Rest Tomorrow

(5 Posts)
MANATEEequineOHARA Mon 10-Aug-09 18:17:24

Title says it all really. I have never seen a dead body before, and am a bit worried, but if I don't go I will never again get the chance, and maybe it will convince me he really is dead, because right now I can't actually believe it. :-/

Not sure what I expect by way of replies btw, I just feel I needed to post that!

Jaquelinehyde Mon 10-Aug-09 18:19:50

sad I've never seen a dead body before either. I have no idea what you must be going through but I hope that you get what you need from it, and manage to stay strong.

I shall be thinking of you.

Friendlypizzaeater Mon 10-Aug-09 18:27:02

((Hugs))

I saw my grandad in the chapel of rest and it felt and was all wrong, they had dressed him incorrectly (he'd had a stroke years before and never used his right side but they had him holding with this hand) and I vowed I wasn;t going to see another one agaon.

Fast forward 5 years and my 31 yr old b-in-law died and I went with my sister to see him and I am so glad I did. It was closure and he looked so peaceful. I was in with him chatting for about an hour.

MANATEEequineOHARA Mon 10-Aug-09 20:48:21

Thanks, I do hope it IS closure, that would be good. I don't think I would worry about things being 'wrong' because I no longer love him, and have hardly even spoke recently. The children have done drawings for him that are going to go in the coffin so I have to take them with me.

I did some rather morbid research on what happens to the body during cremation, (beyond the obvious) I kind of with I hadn't, but I am so curious. It will be wierd tomorrow, I can't imagine what it will be like at all.

MANATEEequineOHARA Tue 11-Aug-09 18:48:22

Well, I saw him, it was strange, very strange. I was kind of amazed at what bodies do when they are dead. The changing colour and (although I didn't see any) the little movements I have heard rigor mortis can cause, and of course all the little organisms we share our body with are doing their thing. It was a strange presence that the dead body occupied in the room.

His gf had put 2 pictures of their baby on his body, I have never seen her before and she looks very similar to my dd when she was a baby. I am hoping my two will be able to get to know her now. But not his two older boys from a previous relationship, their mother is vile and the eldest has just been charged with assault, having glassed someone shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now